Chuck in and duck............

This was one of the items of discussion on the Jeremy Vine show last week.  Amazingly (to me) the responses were about 50/50.  There were quite a few callers who came up with your suggestion WBB. It couldn't happen in France.............................could it ?

Sue

Sod the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I, for one, intend to give it ALL away before I leave this mortal coil!! And Daughter won't be main beneficiary.....

Too many of my 4 footed friends need my help.

OK. So that's MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION

[quote user="Amanda 61"]

Sod the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I, for one, intend to give it ALL away before I leave this mortal coil!! And Daughter won't be main beneficiary.....

Too many of my 4 footed friends need my help.

OK. So that's MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION

[/quote]

I saw what happened when someone left their house contents to a well known domestic animal charity - suddenly the local liason had a new suite, new curtains, a few collectables....need I go on? Yes, of course she put in a donation.....

I think that there should be some sort of restriction. When a childless aunt died, my sister-in-law had to buy back her grandmother's jewellery from the RSPCA. There was nothing of great value, not more than a few hundred pounds, but in sentimental terms it meant a great deal.

Hoddy

As I previously said, I will give it away so that there is NO doubt as to what my wishes are 'cos I will have done it myself!!! I guess some very knowledgeable person on here is now going to say that distribution of personal effects COULD STILL be contested. Is that a possibility????

Sweet 17, I did laugh at budgie contesting cat's inheritance...Gawd, what will it come to next????