Stray cats

Hello,

We had 3 stray cats turn up in our commune (dept.79) last year. Charming little buggers, and they are no bother. However the female has just had 2 kittens, and I don't want the population getting out of control. Does anyone know if the animal charities provide reduced cost vet services as I can see a neutering program is needed. I don't think our local vet would help as I took an injured little cat to him that I found in the road and he charged me 50 euros to put the poor thing to sleep ! Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks

[quote user="duncan99"] I don't think our local vet would help as I took an injured little cat to him that I found in the road and he charged me 50 euros to put the poor thing to sleep ! Any suggestions welcome.

[/quote]

Is this vet the only one available locally? If so, then this might explain the 50 euros. We live in an expensive coastal area; I'm not boasting just stating the situation, and we have found quite a difference between prices charged in our town. Eg two cats euthanised by 2 different vets at their premises - no 1 at 54 euros; no 2 at 39 euros. Surprisingly enough the second vet was much calmer, more dignified and much, much gentler than the first.

Sue

[quote user="Clair"]I paid € 100 for a female cat to be sterilised last year.

[/quote]

Crikey, that is expensive; much more expensive than I ever paid in the UK. But, for me and my cats, that was a long time ago, so my view of prices is probably way out of date.

Sue