Look at this beautiful sad dog!

I dare not take any more Christine - shes a magnificent dog, it just saddens me when I read this all-too-often where the poor animals suffer for the thoughtlessness of people.

So many folks are afraid of taking a big dog in because of the assumption that they're vicious or whatever - mine have never given me a moment's worry with my little granddaughter who loves them to bits! OK the food bill is higher but otherwise I feel the companionship is over and above that from cats - so go for it!!!!!

I'm praying for a good outcome for Renee xxx

* Hurrah!!!!! Renee has a new family & a wonderful new life with them - thats what I like to see!!!!!

I agree and they look so forlorn there in the picture don't they.....  I will ask but am a little afraid of the reply as the owner did say she was going to take them to the SPA if somewhere else could not be found.  I suppose it's better than just leaving them to fend for themselves as some people do!  It's such a wretched business when people leave and their animals become homeless - breaks my heart.

Well there's a strange update on this one - it would appear that Renee didn't go to a new home as her owners have now found more work here and are not leaving France after all....??  They have sent their horses back to the UK and frankly I'm puzzled after the owner emailed me that Renee had settled down in her new home......??  When I have a mo I'm going to email them again to find out.....

Well that seems pretty definite Dexter though I was a little apprehensive when the lady with the JRs told me the story - thanks and thanks also for your latest effort on behalf of Skye!  Go look everyone - this is a lovely dog who need a special home!  I will put her on a new thread just for her.

• 2 weeks later...
It appears that just a couple of days before Renee owner was due to move back to the UK, her husband was offered a job here in France.

So having sold up most of their belongings, they are now able to stay. Renee is staying with his new family and Rastas and Indie are staying with Gerri.

So all in all a happy ending!

I wasn't completely wrong then when I heard they were staying - good that they have decided not to uproot Renee though, which I think is kinder and good news for the cats who did look very sweet.  Thanks Dexter for keeping us up to date.