Young Dog Labrador/Berger style, Gironde

I am posting this for Vida as she was unable to put the photos on herself.  This lovely young lad turned up at her place near La Reole and Langon.  He has no chip or tattoo.

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/P6131031.jpg[/IMG]           [IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/P6131028.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/P6131023.jpg[/IMG]

He is obviously very young and the vet thinks he is less than a year old.  He looks as if he has been through a lot and Vida thinks he must have run quite a bit.  She has called him Stig and cannot keep him.  It seems doubtful that his owners will be found and he needs a home.

He is a beautiful young dog and Vida says "He is great with my other two dogs and chickens.  Plays football with my children  aged 10 and 12 and is very soft and submissive in nature."

Thank you Christine for posting the photo's for me.

He turned up at my house last Friday in a terrible state. Covered in Tick's and cuts to his head and body. They are now all healed and is slowly putting on weight.

The vet thought he has been on the run for at least a week if not more. I urgently need to find someone to adopt him as I already have two dogs, one of which I also found abondened at Christmas. I rent the house I am in at the moment and it is too small for 3 dogs.

He is very gentle and loves a belly rub. He plays all the time with my 7 month old lab and is great with the children.

I think he used to live outside as the first two nights he was more than happy to sleep by our front door.

If you or anyone you know can give him a home, please let me know

Thank you

Vida

Please can someone consider giving 'Stig' a new home. I can't have him for much longer and I don't want to take him to the SPA at Bordeaux. I had a look at their web site and there are so many the same as Stig.

He is a fantastic young dog and has fit in with us well, so I am sure he will do the same with another family.

He loves cuddles and belly rubs and plays well with my children and other two dogs. He has shown NO agression and is very submissive.

He needs a home please.....

Vida I have sent the pics to a retired couple who are looking for a dog in Department 17 - Christine knows about this and I have copied her the email I sent them also.  They have four cats and 30 hens, though it's the cats they are concerned about.  I hope something comes of it and for sure will let you know if they get back to me but I have kind of pointed them in the direction of Christine as she says they are in her/your area?  The chap's name is Peter.

Christine, Unfortunatley, I dont know anyone with a cat other than kittens. I may be wrong of course, but he is so laid back and submissive, I can't imagine it is a problem. You only have to say 'NO' and he stops in his track and goes submissive.He seems to ignore everything else that runs past him, horses, cows and even saw a deer yesterday. He has definatley lived outside as not phased by seeing these animals. He walks great off a lead and I only have to ask him to come in french and he is back like a shot. He is very eager to please.

Merlin, thank you for forwarding the pictures on. Lets hope they will be interested. I am happy for them to e mail me direct or call, perhaps PM me if this is something that may want to do if they need more info. I think he may be a bit younger than the 9\10 months the vet gave me, as he seems to squat more than lift his leg to pee...perhaps more around the 8 month mark. If it wasn't for having two other dogs and renting our house, we would keep him, but it's just not the right time and we wont be buying untill this time next year.

Fingers crossed x

Hi there Vida and Christine - can you keep me abreast with how this goes in case this chap Peter gets in touch.  If we manage to sort him out with something he will probably put a good word on the AI forum to prompt others to get in contact!  Now Christine, I have one for you to ponder please.  I am going to put full details on here but I was contacted yesterday by a lady who has THE most beautiful young Alaskan Malamute!  She gorgeous.  Two years old and from a nice home that have several rescue dogs but one amongst them is a female Staffie and she's taken against the Malamute and fighting!  The people (English) are pretty desperate as they can't cope any longer and the vet says the dogs must live apart or there will be some serious damage done as they are both strong dogs.  They feel that Skye, the Malamute, should have the chance of a nice home as she's such a great dog (I'm guessing the staffie might be hard to place) good with males and loves all people to bits and is good with hens but not great with cats.  I am going to post some pictures and all her details, but in the meantime just in case you have any ideas.....

Merlin\Christine, have you heard from Peter. We need to get Stig rehomed.

Is there anyone else out there that can offer Stig a home please. I am only fostering him for the moment and need to find him a home quite quickly. I can't keep him long term

The photo's do not do him Justice. His coat is now glossy and all his cut on his head are healed, so he looks much prettier than in the photo's posted. He is a young looking Lab x, but not as big as my labrador.

Please, please can someone offer him a home.

Dont forget I found him, I am not trying to rehome one of my own dogs that I can no longer have. Just trying to save him from going to the SPA or another dog sanctury.

xx

Yes, I have him indoors in the Kictchen at night and during the day. Doesn't chew but has had the contents of the Kictchen bin out once, but I think this is because he had to scavange for food for a while and I hadn't fed him that morning prior to me taking my other lab to the vet for castration. We have had one puddle in the kitchen overnight, but now make sure he pee's prior to bedtime. I put this down to the fact he has lived outdoors and didnt need to worry about a last pee.

We Still need to find Stig a Home. Merlin and Christine are trying so hard to help me re home him with their various contacts, but in the mean time, can you or anyone else have him......

He is a wonderful young dog who is so affectionate and walks great off of the lead and returns when called. He isn't at all needy, just a little love and cuddle now and again.

Please help us try to find this lost dog, a new home

Vida

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/P6250016.jpg[/IMG]          [IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/P6250007.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/P6250011.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, what a lovely dog !

Vida I have forwarded the pictures to Sue at Poorpaws to see if she can have him by any chance ......... we can only hope as she has lovely big parks for her dogs and a good success rate for homing them on.  He must get on with male dogs is a must for her mind so I hope he does but he sounds so kind and willing to please I can't see that being a problem.  Let's wait and see.

Vida - been trying to get hold of you but line engaged..........!!  Shame as I spoke to Sue just now -  a friend of hers who helps with the dogs was going to come and see Stig (and possibly take him off you if he's ok with other males) to take back to Poorpaws if I could have got hold of you in time.  She is leaving at 10am and needed to know where you are in case you are on her way (North Lot).... look if I don't manage to work this one we have an another option.  Sue says she can take him at the end of July if he hasn't found a home before then BUT he has to be good with other males - do you know if he is??  Maybe you could try him and see bless him.  I know he would be happy at Poorpaws and would stand the best chance ever of finding  a home from there.  Going to keep trying your 'phone! 

Ok I see that you are flipping miles away from the Lot - so wouldn't have been any good today anyhow.  But the offer to have him at the end of July still stands if you can get him there or maybe some of the way there and he's bomb proof with other males...... it's the best shot I can come up with right now I'm afraid but will keep looking for homes in the meantime.

Vida - everyone.  Stig is now on Poorpaws site as well as here and so we have to hope someone nice will take him soon.  Having spoken to Vida, he sounds a real sweetie and but for her lack of space I know she would keep him he's such a dear.  He's done his bit to stay alive against odds and find Vida to help him and he deserves to find a forever home with someone as kind and caring as her!  It's going to be a shocking few weeks from the point of view of abandoned dogs, summer hols etc., so please lets do all we can to keep the numbers from swelling in the already busting refuges or dog hell holes as I prefer to call them!  When I go to the SPA at Carcassone (getting another one out this week-end to foster) and stand and despair with Rowan as more are brought in, it makes us wonder if perhaps just sometimes, they wouldn't all be better off let loose instead of cooped up in such awful stressful conditions.........so many of them just waiting to die anyway when their turn on the list arrives...bit depressed today I guess, but it's the reality of things.  So - give Stig a lovely home someone SOON!

Merlin, I can't thank you enough for the help and support you have given me, you and all your collegues around France do a fantastic job in helping these poor dogs.

I can honeslty say, I have shed more tears over the last few weeks over the dilema 'Stig' has given me. The guilt of not being able to keep him, especially after finding him and getting him back into full health, then not know what to do with him because I was NOT going to put him in the SPA.

He is a womnderful dog that has so much love and is almost humble in his ways. he is so obedient, more that my terrible terrier who chases anything in site and doesnt return for days on end and then the 9 month old Labrador who is turning out to be a bit of a delinquant (SP?).

My husband keeps joking that we will keep stig and re home the other two with their bad michevious ways!!

Please help Merlin and Poorpaws by giving Stig a home. He will make an absolute fantastic companion.

Hang in there Vida - we'll find him a home soon hopefully.  Poor Sue is on overload at Poorpaws right now but she will helpt the minute she can and hopefully whilst the weather is good he's not too much of a burden on you despite all the visitors that you are due to have!  He sounds so deserving and such a good boy we must do all we can to help him find the perfect home - which actually sounds like you..... but.... I understand.  Well done anyway for keeping him safe.

Vida

Thanks so much for not taking him to a SPA! They do what they can, but now is not a good time for them, so if a dog is safe and loved whilst being rehomed, that is a far better option for everyone.

Rowan

Hi Rowan, thats not a problem. I was adamant that he was not going to the SPA on the day we found him.

He is safe here and having lots of fun untill he can be rehomed.

How is the Beagle? Have you managed to hold them off for a bit longer ?