Bearded Collie, SPA Carcassonne

Look at this lovely boy, everyone. Okay, he is a bit scruffy, but if all goes according to plan, he will be a new dog this afternoon, after Florence and and I cut his hair.

He is a beautiful bearded collie, (we think!) He is 2 years old, very bouncy and strong but calms down very quickly. Great with dogs of both sexes, wonderful with people, including kids, and desperately in need of love and affection.

He is so keen to make friends that he almost glues himself to the front of his cage and bounces around, which puts people off. Once he is out and in a park,you see his true character.

He will make someone a lovely pet. Please someone, give him a chance!

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me. Or you can see some of the other Carcassonne dogs on the website http://spacarcassonne.e-monsite.com

[IMG]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/rowan1965/Bearded%20Collie/AOUIT2010034.jpg[/IMG]

Please, can someone upload the photo if it doesn't work. Thanks.

They're on death row all over the place at the moment.  The situation is catastrophic.  There's a Black Lab about ten months old in the Vendée amongst others if we don't find someone in the next few days.

Hope you don't mind me adding this one Rowan, one of yours at Carcassonne.  Canaille, born in May 2008, a friendly playful young dog, on the list.

Okay, I never claimed to be expert at this, but here he is, towards the end of his ordeal. He is going to be tidied up by someone at the SPA as long as it is "worth it" (and we know what that means).

He was lovely throughout. He sat very calmly, a bit puzzled at first, but he soon realised that we were trying to help him. It was like shearing a sheep. Honestly. His hair was completely matted and even tho we needed shears, all we had were scissors. I have blisters, but the dog is certainly more comfortable. He was so happy at the end, he was bounding around like crazy. Must have felt a whole lot lighter!

This dog HAS to be saved. Not just cos so much effort has gone into this, but because I can honestly say that he is one of the best natured dogs I have ever met. A real treasure. Loves other dogs and is desperate to play. And only 2 years old! He is chipped, so is ready to go.

Could someone help with the photos, please! (Christine?!)

And don't forget about the other doggie, either. Another lovely dog and very deserving of a new life. The SPA is packed, we had 10 more dogs brought in in the last 24 hours. Now is the time to adopt a dog if you possibly can. PLEASE!!!

[IMG]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/rowan1965/Bearded%20Collie/IMG_0401.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/rowan1965/Bearded%20Collie/IMG_0400.jpg[/IMG]

Rowan, Christine, is it worth one of you giving 'Tanya' a call, from the post on Monday 'offering a home'. Rowan, I think you replied to the post. She may travel to collect? It has her telephone number in the post

Tanya was given a link to this forum, to Poorpaws and my site.  We haven't heard from her.

Yes, Bearded Collies are one of the nicest breeds you could possibly have.  If I had the choice of just one dog, that is what I would choose, they are so quiet and gentle.  My friend in the States has a grey one, their second, and they have both been the sweetest things.  She used to look lovely with her long swishing hair, but now they keep her clipped and she is just as beautiful.

I think the French Bearded Collie rescue is on to saving this one if noone offers him a home quickly.  Just hoping that madame at the refuge will cooperate.

Apparently it depends on both La Direction and also whether or not he really IS a bearded collie. The SPA has him down as a griffon cross. What do you think Christine? Does he look like a bearded collie to you? Please say yes!!!

The Bearded rescue are getting him out this afternoon.

Canaille has been saved thanks to all the messages put out for him.   Someone on Rescue put him on Facebook and has found him a home.  Now they need the covoiturage to get him there.

These two have been extremely lucky.  Others were not and were put down.   [:(]

I was there when the Bearded Collie people came for him. The guy couldn't believe how lovely the dog was; he followed him obediently off the lead in the small park and I think he will settle in very quickly.

What a lucky boy. But as Christine says, things are still grim.

He looks great. Yeah, I took a fair few ticks off him, too. Poor chap.

Anyone know how long it will take for his coat to re-grow? His foster owner didn't know, as he has never shaved his own bearded collie.

Thanks again bearded collie association and everyone who got this lovely guy out!

Rowan

• 4 weeks later...
I was over the moon when I was told that his foster carer was keeping him. I thought he might, he seemed to be quite taken with him, even after a few minutes with him at the SPA.

One of the real success stories of recent weeks.

Thanks to everyone who helped.