Beautiful Rescue accessories, nice site

I just came across this site as Nicole is a member of the Rescue forum.  After making things for her own rescue dogs, she is now making beautiful accessories for other dogs and all the proceeds go to help homeless pets.

On of her creations is the no escape harness that a dog cannot wriggle out of.  I love the duvets.  Have a look, spoil yourself and your dog, or find an original Christmas present, while helping needy animals.  There are some lovely and original items which are not expensive, such as the pretty sachets "les sakapopo" to carry the poop bags or the passport holders.

Galgette Créations Lévriers

This site is excellent Christine!  Having just rescued our little Spanish Podenco (like a little whippet spider dog - she's all legs!) three weeks ago, I have delayed getting her a special harness till she's up to her proper weight - she's actually a little 'tubs' by comparison to what she was the day she arrived and that was AFTER she had been fed well at her rescue safe house!  So she's going to get a harness from this lady!  Also the dog beds and sleeping sacks are just great on this site - I know that all my dogs would love them!  She has also given me some ideas as to how to utilise some old (washable) duvets that I keep for emergency dog beds for the back of the car etc.  I'm not great with the sewing machine but I am determined to make some dog beds out of these duvets in the new year to take to the local SPA.  Also I remember some years ago that all the old dears in my Mum's little Sussex village used to knit or crochet squares to make blankets for the local rescue cat and dog home - they were so easy for all to do and they ended up with lots of blankets for kitties and puppies etc.  I wonder if people on here would do it?  I would be happy to be the collection point and sew all the squares together to make the blankets.......?  Not difficult or expensive to post in small amounts and they will all mount up - winter evenings watching telly in front of the fire, a square every couple of days??  I would post pics of the finished blankets and the places they ended up... what do you think ladies?  Frankly if they are oddments of wool and cotton even if they get thrown away once they are not needed it wouldn't matter as they would have served their purpose till more came along - but they could easily be washed in spring etc.  Let me know if anyone is interested and we can agree a size for all the squares and away we go!

Thanks Peachy, that's great........ how is the little black and white fella you rescued from Spain doing?  Anymore for anymore knitters please?  I suggest if there are more ladies (or gents for that matter.... my husband knits!) willing to join in, we aim to get really going for January when the Christmas fray is over as those preparations might be putting people off from joining in which I understand.......... but hey January and February have long chilly nights and the poor doggies will need some comforts especially well into Spring and beyond for that matter.  Every poor soul shoud have a comfort blanket in his little cell..... come on get the knitting needles and crochet hooks out!  Peachy I suggest we do 6in squares what do you think?

• 9 months later...
I have only just joined the forum and started reading all the posts. I wonder do you still need knitted squares? i would be really happy to help if you can let me know where they can be sent.

If we can bring some extra comfort and warmth for the poor dogs who don't have a loving home then I'm happy to knit myself silly!

Yes please - my post was from last year (Alleycat) as I was then called but I had to change as I lost my password and was totally useless at sorting it out in those days........!!  I've been taking the medication!  No really, I would still love to receive knitted squares to make up as blankets for the dogs in the refuges - as many as you can muster before your fingers seize up!  I will PM you my address!  Thank you.

Thanks Merlin for your message. I'm useless at anything technical -so have to reply via here!

I promise to start knitting for you today. Such a shame as I sent a lot of knitted squares back to UK recently with a friend - still for charity -but not dogs which I would have much preferred...

Just wanted to say how much I admire what you and all the other kind people are doing to help the animals. I am desperately trying to persuade husband to let us rescue a dog from Carcassonne but he refuses to budge....grrr. We already have one that we adopted from Beziers (before I knew about Carcassonne) and I'm sure he would love to have a friend. Wish I could do something to help but maybe the knitted squares will bring a bit of comfort to some.

My heart is melted just looking at the postings on here. I had to work really hard to get the dog we have now...husband didn't want a dog at all....guess who is now completely in love with him? And who the dog chooses to sit with?!

I'll keep trying -and enlist the help of friends - but don't think I'm going to have much luck.