Louse powder for use on hens.

Jo

From the vet, your local farm store - Point Vert - Gamme Vert etc.  Better than louse powder is Diatomacious Earth (bought on-line from the UK).  It is much more effective and contains no chemicals.  I got some louse powder from the vet for my hens and was shocked when I looked up the ingredients on Google........very very strong insecticides that I felt wasn't good for the birds when they preen their feathers.....  DE acts as a wormer as well as an external parasite eradication and is actually full of good minerals for the hens.  Only drawback is it's hard to get over here and quite expensive as yet - it will catch on eventually and become cheaper.  But it's widely available in the UK and if you go look on eBay there are lots of people who sell from there and send to France.  Be sure and get the 'Human' grade DE as the other stuff is used for pool filters!

Had to "de-red mite" an old hen house once, still have nightmares................. as soon as you go in the blighters are all over you from the feet up looking for blood.........heebie jeebies BIG time[blink]     Thanks for your replies, great help[:)]