Fostering Ursa from Gueret SPA

We collect URSA this afternoon from the SPA in Gueret. She's about 8yrs old - we think she a Griffon. She's been there for over three years and is very timid - so when visitors come she's passed by.

We hope that with a lot of love and attention she'll come out of her shell and be adopted. So far she's had a walk round the garden on the lead - mustn't let her off in case she does a runner. Our dog - Amber, keeps going to her, but as yet no response. So here's hoping we can do some help.

Hello JeanS

Very best of luck with Ursa - I am sure you know that you will find plenty of info about caring for a rescue dog if you do a search on Google etc.  Give it time and patience, and you should make progress.  A timid hunting dog can take a while to adjust.  You are right to keep Ursa on a lead until you are 100 per cent sure of recall! 

Keep us posted!!

Jouals

Very sad day for me - first my mum passed away and second, despite efforts from Jackie to find a temporary foster home, we had to return URSA to the SPA - we're heartbtroken because she had come on so much in a week, from a timid little thing to a dog who wagged her tail and loved cuddles. Just hope some-one will open their hearts to her. I have sent her details to doglinks.

Dear JeanS so sorry to hear your very sad news.Just wanted to let you and everybody on forum know that we are taking Ursa home today.Cannot wait,she will have company with our two other rescue dogs.She will be well looked after with lots of love and cuddles.

Jean - so sorry to hear about your mother. but just to let you know I delivered Ursa to her lovely new home this afternoon. I collected her from the SPA yesterday (and the 24 hours she was there she shared her box with a young puppy who arrived the day you collected her) She spent the night with my 4 - no problems at all. She has 2 new friends now - another girl Griffon and a boy Labrador, who accepted her straight away. She already knows her new owners as they walked her several times at the SPA earlier in the summer. Dog Links is up to speed with all this.

Thanks Christine

I met Ursa at the s.p.a. Gueret when i walked the rescue dogs on a Saturday.We are so lucky to have her as she is such a lovely dog and she gets on great with our two other rescue dogs.She will be well looked after and loved.