Dog eating mice!

Dc

Blimey DC I just had to reassure myself that you hadn't been invaded by giant mice.

Funnily enough our dog also goes into the garden and digs in various places for moles and mice.

She originally came from Majorca and has a fantastic sense of smell and if we get a mouse in the house we set her on them and she gets them in no time. Her method of attack is to stomp on them and then bites them.

Weedon(53)

will not hurt her one bit. but donot put down any rat or mice poision i.e. warrafin this is slow release and hangs in the rodent and is passed on to the dog .first signs blindness then the big dog kennel in the sky . lost 2 dogs in the 70`s  when we had the farm I was so carfull that the dogs could not get to it but poor scrap & rinty my fault only an animal lover knows what it`s like to loose a pet..................

Hi

Ours has become skilled at catching lizards.

He stalks them, then stuns them with both feet after an heroic leap. The next stage is long drawn out and includes dismemberment, rolling on them,lots of tail wagging etc before finally eating them.

Don't see as many as we used to .......... and many of those I've seen are missing tails.

Peter

My choc lab catches mice as well as any cat (indoors) but when she's gets them just sucks on them then spits them out!  We've often found soggy wet dead mice, completely whole, lying on the floor!  My lab/retriever cross digs for creatures in the garden and when she finds them rolls on them (even if they are still alive - strange animal) but is not interested in killing them at all!

my daughter's patterdale terrier catches mice (it's now known as 'the mouse hound'!) and has been known to catch pigeons in flight - she waits in the shadows and when they land in the stable yard she rushes at them and jumps as they fly off.

Not surprising really as terriers have been used for ratting for years.

Won't have any problems with mice when we move over then, as apparently we're inheriting the dog so the daughter can go and travel the world! Hmm, who would've thought that shifting the family home by a country would've given the ones that had already flown the nest itchy feet