Bo Obama

Christine Animal

I have heard of the Irish Water dog, very similar. Apparently Obama wanted a dog that did not moult as one of his daughters has an allergy so maybe this breed does not shed it's coat too much.   I love Poodles for that reason and have had two many years ago, both rescue and they were such faithful little dogs and one always insisted on sitting across my feet in the evenings.

Yes, Christine, totally adorable and stunning dogs when the are fully grown. It said on the TV this morning that in the UK there are only apprx. 500 of the breed so hopefully now this will increase the demand for the breed. They are supposedly excellent with children which I am sure Obama would have alredy checked out as well. 

I agree, absolutely adorable. However, I must be the only one very disappointed he didn't rescue a dog.  It would have sent a very positive message in my opinion  and perhaps made fashionable saving dogs waiting for homes instead of encouraging the sale of rare expensive puppies from breeders.[:(]

I agree with you WJT as all my dogs over the years have been rescue and we have been so lucky with them. Maybe Obama was concerned for his two girls as not always with a rescue do you know the history and behaviour of the dog. I have never had any problems and we had four children and I was always aware that ANY dog can turn so the children were never left with a dog on their own and the children were taught that a dog is not a toy and the dog deserves respect.

I totall agree too, but then politicians rarely keep their promises do they.  This littly guy has obviously already gone through training to behave well in his new abode.  This could have easily been done with a young rescue dog after his character had been thoroughly examined.  It would have been a wonderful example.

Now many people are going to make a fortune by breeding these dogs, so everyone can have one, which is a shame as it will just be a fashion.  They are cute though.

I don't know the name of the organisation but apparently the head of a large dog rescue said she very quickly found the same breed dog that is in a rescue centre and said she was very disappointed with all of the publicity given to this dog that he didn't do the right thing in this case.

Shame, a real missed opportunity to send a very positive message.

Well I am very tempted to write him to let him know he is no longer in my good books. 

Seriously though, it is such a shame. Second mishap and disappointment from him on my part.[:(]

Having said that it isn't Bo the dog's fault and I agree he is absolutely adorable.

Actually I am somewhat surprised that none of the holier-than-thou-anti-racism brigade have leapt upon their choice of name.   

The dog gets the name Bo from Mrs.O's father who was nicknamed "Bo Diddley".      Shock horrors!!!!!   [:-))]  Perhaps its considered OK because they iz black, and nobody wants to accuse the President of racism???

Cute doggie though.

[quote user="Framboise"]

Actually I am somewhat surprised that none of the holier-than-thou-anti-racism brigade have leapt upon their choice of name.   

[/quote]

Why?  Anyone or anything that is named after someone else could be accused in that case.