Dog's On Beach - Vendee

marc62

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can assist me with the date which dag's are not allowed on the beaches, we think it is from 1st July to 31st August but may be wrong

Many thanks in advance for your help

Marc

Ps - Wonder how many "Should not be allowed anytime" etc comments will be made!

It depends where you go. In and around the big resorts, not allowed, however in loads of other places, no problem. I was on a massive beach near Barre de Monts today and had the eight odd kilometres to myself. But I do avoid hot weekends and Wednesday afternoons anyway.

Odile, don't even mention Randy's name.  Wooly claims that he is not even speaking to her.

My sympathies are in fact with poor old Randy.  I'd have her for a very short time at the chateau except that, as you know, I shall soon be off.  J'irais aux Contamines (didn't really want to do the last bit in French but I just want to show you that I have remembered that the name is Les Contamines and wanted to use aux, LOL).

As for my dog, I seem to have been able to take her to places on the Estuary though I have not yet seen the Atlantic.  Ugh..........

Serious reply, this one: go to this link http://www.spa.asso.fr/648-les-pages-qui-acceptent-les-animaux.htm

from the Fr equivalent of the RSPCA

It may not be bang up to date, in which case work your way around the website

Blimey Woolie - and I thought, like Randy, that I was quite streetwise!

Just sent a mail to Les Contamines Tourist Board to ask for meaning. Will pass on when I get reply. xx

(PS pouring with rain today - garden needs water and do do waterbutts, hope it doesn't last too long)

LOL - typo!  and SO do waterbutts (yes linked to downpipe).

There is a guy on another forum named redbidet - I always wonder  if that means he has got p....les! ... but I digress. Salutations to all he Woolie familyxx

Sorry all the shops have closed - an institution - like you.

Confusing (?confused) subject to which the answer may well be "dog's on beach - never".

And now I digress, the reference to catamites brings to mind an old joke which will probably be edited out in the interests of PC

Q. In Ancient Greece how did you separate the men from the boys ?

A. With a crowbar

John