Tick

Jackie

Never had ticks bother my poultry even though I spotted one in one of the nesting boxes this year already.  Hens will normally eat anything that's running around and guinea fowl are famous for ridding the pasture of ticks!  They say if you keep guinea fowl you will never have ticks in the garden - trouble is they noisy monkeys which don't make you popular with the neighbours,  and like to roost in trees so will fly off if given the chance and it's a shame to keep them caged.  They produce lovely eggs and are good to eat however.  I dust my hens with Diatomaceus Earth and also put in their food as it's a complete parasite treatment and nothing escapes it!  The dogs and cats get the same treatment and it's amazing for bugs in the veggie patch - just wonderful stuff.  Sadly it's hard to get hold of over here and very expensive so I have to get it from the UK - but it's well worth it.  Non chemical, highly efficient, good for so many things and nothing can become immune to it as with Frontline and others.  Goodbye ticks!