Good news, Baggy is home

woolybanana

Whilst I was staying with my daughter in Brussels, her beloved companion cat of 10 years and all her tribulations, Baggy, ran off, or at least went missing. Distraught daughter, telling neighbours, posting flyers all over etc. Finally, on Friday afternoon like some crazed loon, said child walks the streets of Uccle calling the cats name. After half an hour as she is walking past a garden with wrought iron railings she is hit in the chest by a purring, tortoise shell missile. Baggy was home, had to be carried home all the way and now won't leave her for a second except for third, fourth, fifth and sixth helpings at the food bowl, and to boss the other two cats.

Joy all round.

Maybe Baggy climbed in the back of a car and got out (or was ejected) elsewhere. But what a lovely story and it proves that all of us muppets who've wandered around roads and fields calling a missing moggy are doing the right thing and sometimes it works. [:D]

Emma, welcome to the Forum.  Wow, you are really Wooly's daughter and you aren't just posing as one?

As you know, it's not always easy with your dad to work out when he is joking and when he is being serious.

I am glad you have found your cat.  I had one years ago who went missing for a fair few days and then he reappeard looking dirty and dishevelled and half starved.  It was very scary and distressing when he wasn't there.

We thought he'd got locked in somewhere or got himself into a place from which he couldn't readily extricate himself.

Darling Timmy lived to 18 and Thomas (stray) was probably 21 when he went to Cat Heaven.

Such clever, amusing, affectionate, intriguing creatures...............

[quote user="sweet 17"]

And have you taken her to see her aunt, your darling sister Randy?

Oops, hope I'm not exposing any skeletons in the old Wooly family cupboard?[:P]

[/quote]Does any family worth knowing not have a few skeletons rattling away[:D]. Glad to hear the cat has returned safe and sound.

Pets or companions, it is, and should be a bit of a love affair, well that is how I see it. We have lost pets in the past, got out when they shouldn't have  and we always got them back, but the distress it has caused us is terrible and the relief and that surge of happiness when 'pet' is found or comes home is priceless. So I know just how she feels. Happy ending, lovely.

Oups ! Hadn't read the second page ! Thanks to all for your comments ! Even the one about my "broken" english ! I'm studying for a flemish exam, and mixing it all up :-s Arghhhhhhhhhhhh !

Goede avond alles !

[quote user="Emma"]Thank you Swweet17 ! PS/ Who the hell is Randy, for ***'s sake ? :-s >>>>>> I don't think I want to know ! A nice evening to all ![/quote]

Emma, Good Luck with the exam.

I am sure you'll hear all about Randy in good time. 

But, you know, I am only a virtual friend of the family.  Best let you dad explain all about your supposed aunt Randy.

You are NOT to worry.....we have our in-house jokes on here.  Stay with us and you might even learn something new about the Woolybanana!

I hope you are having reasonable weather in Belgium.

The one and only time I went, it rained nonstop for the whole of my stay and I couldn't understand why it was the country in the world where the most battles/wars were fought.....[8-)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[quote user="Emma"]Thank you Swweet17 ! PS/ Who the hell is Randy, for ***'s sake ? :-s >>>>>> I don't think I want to know ! A nice evening to all ![/quote]

The one and only time I went, it rained nonstop for the whole of my stay and I couldn't understand why it was the country in the world where the most battles/wars were fought.....[8-)]

[/quote]

All those people fighting to get away!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

...Stay with us and you might even learn something new about the Woolybanana!

[/quote]

I should think your dad is working far into the night to check his 5,600-odd previous posts for anything incriminating, Emma!  [;-)]

Good luck with the exam.

So glad you got Baggy back.

Angela