Cat with worms !

Doodle

Hi,

I worm my cat each month with an eco liquid product. It's administered via the mouth but this time around one week since her last dose, I am still finding the odd worm attached to her rear end fur. Does anyone know how long it takes for worms to exit after treatment. Any info on this lovely topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

We use the stuff which you put on the back of the cat's neck - Drontal. It is expensive but it is very very effective. We dose them every 2-3 months, whenever we see the little white wrigglers!

M

Hi Nectarine,

It's called Eco Chat 100% natural ingredients, I buy it in the pet section of Bricomarche but I've seen it at Gamm Verte but it is more expensive there. The bottle I bought in May was 13,50 and will last about 6+ months depending on age/weight of your cat and comes with the applicator or you can put into the cat's dinner. I have also tried for the first time the Eco Spot On for fleas, ticks etc and I found it better than Frontline....but....I don't know if she is allergic to it or whether I try half measure next time as it seemed to give her flaky skin.

Chris

I think these non-vet issued products often go some way to preventing worms but if an animal has an infestation I am less convinced... actually not convinced at all... that they will get rid of it. If a cat (or dog) has an obvious problem, I'd use Drontal or similar and then perhaps revert to an eco product. Yes, there is an expense attached to this, but I really don't want worms and eggs being deposited around my home for me - or anyone else - to pick up on my fingers... toxoplasmosis is to be avoided if possible.

Unfortunately "eco" products to get rid of fleas, worms etc will not do the trick.  It is a shame that the treatments have to be so toxic - but in the end, the pros outweigh the cons.

Have you tried looking on line to buy Drontal, Scalibor, Advantix etc - it can often be cheaper - especially if a few of your friends order at the same time?  There a few good sites - French and UK - who are cheaper than the pharmacies and vets here.

Jouals