Horrible books recommendation

SaligoBay

My son loves these series of books.  Horrible Histories, Horrible Science, I'm sure you all know them.

His current passion is the Murderous Maths series, and I've just ordered another four of them from Amazon.

He was getting a bit bored with school Maths, just going through the curriculum.  Now he's all enthused about Fibonacci, probability, factorials, all sorts of things that have never even been mentioned yet in school, even in 5ème. 

The history ones are good too, and give a bit of a wider view than school teaching.

I shall encourage this as long as it lasts!   And they're in English, so it keeps them at least a little bit bi-cultural in terms of reading matter, sense of humour, cultural references etc.  

I unfortunately have no vested interests in recommending these books.  [:)]

We have a few of these too, just love them.

The Horrible French one is very good, I would love to know what a french teacher would make of it.

SB- have you tried ebay? they have loads on there and you could save yourself some dosh.

Aha!

We save grandma for Cadbury's chocolate I'm afraid, I think I have may have my priorities wrong!

Especially as  I am a bit like that Nun out of Father Ted when I have free access to that particular chocolate [:$]

Ah, the Lenten Vows episode, how funny was that! 

Our Father Ted video has gone astray, we really must replace it.   Just soooooo funny. 

My Lovely Horse.   Crows stealing your glasses?   Look, some madman's put a cross up.  The sun's shining and we're in an optician, life doesn't get much better than that. 

OMG, I've got to find that video!!!!!!    

My Father Ted dvds are definitely on my desert island list assuming they have dvd players and electricity!

I managed to turn my hubby off Amanda Holden when I remarked how like Graham Norton she looked.