ikea france

Cathy

I believe Ikea are going to open a new store at Rennes but I don't know the opening date. I have heard good reports of the one at Nantes.

We use the Bordeaux store and it beats Croydon and Leeds any day, haven't tried any others except for one in Sweden.

Gill

I was just thinking how much I admire you Ikea shoppers. I sort of get kaleidescope vision when I go in and find it very hard to actually 'see' the things they have in. In consequence I have never bought anything of any consequence what so ever from them. I even find their catalogue is hard to understand.

Thanks for the info on the new stores.

I agree about admiring IKEA shoppers - I actually hate the shops in Britain, especially the attitude that seems to be you have to suffer to spend your money there - especially the delivery arrangements and lack of online or telephone ordering.  I just thought I'd give the french ones a go as I do like their beds and you seem to be able to virtual shop and not actually go to the store - we'll see!

cathy

Yes, I have to own up to the bookcases and much more besides.  But only because I discovered 'ikea Jim' who set up a business by doing your IKEA shopping for you at what I feel is a very reasonable rate, (given the aggro avoided).  He also goes round all the UK stores with his lorry and everyone's shopping lists so what they don't have in your local store, he can get elsewhere.

cathy

You know the names of these units, goodness!

They all pass into a blur when I go into their shops. I must say that friends and family have some stuff that frankly quality/price looks absolutley fine, just have never got that far myself.

And I have been to Ikeas in France, England and Holland, always come out dazed and never sure whether I really should have bought those swedish meat balls. My last visit to the one at the Metro Centre in Newcastle was the most fruitful though, I got two very cheap alarm clocks and two plastic storage boxes.

Hi

I'm a recent convert to Ikea.  There wasn't one within two hundred miles when we lived in Devon so discovering the shop at Toulouse has been quite an experience.  William Morris said ' Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful'.  Ikea often manage to combine the both with their design and quality.  No wonder they're so popular.  I think the problem with feeling dazed and confused when in the store is that you need to know what you're there for.  'Just looking' would be a nightmare! Where to start?

Fran