Tyres

Richard-R

I suppose it'd depend on the make of tyre and it's size.

My mate bought 4 for an A*di last year at a bargain price from the same firm you used, M*ch*lins, and got them somewhere in the Ardeche/Rhone valley.

Meanwhile, I keep pricing up for my Sub*ru Impr*za, but they are dearer in France than here.
And to make it even odder, when I first had the car it was on 205/50 16" tyres, but I got a good deal on a set of 17" wheels from a dealer at "all four tyres change time", and now it runs on 215/40 17" tyres, which, believe it or not, can be had FAR cheaper than the originals!!!!

Something to do with popularity of the size, so they tell me.

Alcazar

Some time back I visited every tyre place from Quillan to Carcassonne for a price for 5 tyres for Disco. Basically it appeared to me that they price fixed. The small varience in price was down to if they were fitted or not.

I did a search on the type of tyre I wanted plus the word 'Pneu' on google.fr. I found many companies and chose the company who was the cheapest and would deliver to my house. When I ordered 5 I got delivery free. They took 2 weeks to arrive (on a pallet) and the price was only 168 each as against 240 quoted by garages.

Funny thing was my local garage charged 14.50 to fit each one, got the old ones off OK but couldn't get the new ones on because they were to wide for the machine. They had to take them to a place 20km away for fitting and balancing at no extra cost to me. Now thats what I call good service. They also put the never used spare in the back of the car for me even though I said they could keep it (drink for the boys).

So in short, if you know what you want try the internet.

Hope this helps.

Chris