Buying a new renault

Tonypowell2

I want to buy a new Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet in Dept 29.

Is it worth visiting lots of dealers or do they all have the same list price and discount? How much discount should I expect for a cash purchase and no part exchange?

Anybody any idea on how long delivery should take?

Do only the large Renault garages (eg in Brest & Morlaix) sell new cars or can your local Renault garage get one for you?

Any garage here will get you a new car if you so wish. Our village garage deals with all the major manufacturers and clients either go and choose at the main dealers or he will bring cars round to have a look at.

Have you tried using a broker?

I've been researching a new car in France, and have found the websites autoies.com and elite-auto.fr useful. I think kelkoo.fr also has links to other brokers if you type in what you are looking for.

I can't vouch for the service or reliability of these companies as I haven't got round to using them yet. So far, Elite-auto aren't exactly biting my hand off in my requests for information. They do seem to offer discounts of between 10-20% off the list price, though. If nothing else you could use this as a bargaining point at your local dealer (you can print off a devis).

Neighbours (French) have just bought their new Renault Scenic from Spain saving 4500 euros.

They test drove one at local dealers in France so that they could get the feel of it and then ordered one by phone, sent deposit cheque, then their son went and collected it.

They are awaiting carte gris (docs taken to local prefecture)but driving it around on temporary Spanish plates.

regards.....helen (16)