can some one help with my car tax issues

La Roche

the reason i sent you a PM was because i thought it unfair to show my thoughts on some of your stupid comments and instead of air them for the room to see so  i sent them to you instead . I dont hold a grudge as life is to short but in future if you have nothing good or postive to say then maybe its best you say nothing at all . Going forward as i stated i dont hold a gudge so if you can add to a posting instead of kidish remarks we can all get along .

As others have pointed out this has been covered many times before but I think there is one simple sentence which sums it up.

A VEHICLE MUST, AT ALL TIMES, BE FULLY LEGAL IN ONE COUNTRY OR THE OTHER.

It is not a multiple choice subject and there is no "Mix-n-Match" option.

If it's on UK plates, irrespective of whether actually in UK or not, that means MOT (if required by age), TAX and UK insurance.

Furthermore, even if the car is 100% UK legal, it is a fact that as a French resident you have one month to re-register it and failing to do so means that technically it is in France illegally and therefore whatever insurance you have, be it from a UK or French company, is invalid.

As with all insurance, until the day it's needed it's it's just a useless and expensive scrap of paper !

Call this a snipe if you will but not registering because you don't like the cost or it's too much hassle is no more or less than expected from you judging by your previous postings [;-)]

[quote user="La Roche"] They also said this car insurance and europe is becoming more and more messy by the day do to the influx of Polish and Slovakian cars being sold on in the UK and no records to track the cars , it appears the British people are buying them and using them to avoid paying road tax said the police officer .[/quote]

It is illegal for a British resident to drive on foreign plates. However, there is an exception that you may drive a freshly imported vehicle from the port to your home without number plates provided you have insured the vehicle on the chassis number. after that point you may only drive it by prior arrangement to a garage to undertake work or to a ministry approved testing station for MOT and/or SVA.