Isuzu parts

springbank

My Dad has brought over his Isuzu trooper from Scotland and wants to re-register it in Haut-vienne,  he needs new headlights, rear seatbelts( dog ate them) and a few other bits. Does anyone know of any web sites or shops  for cheap parts etc, any hints would be great ,

Cheers Graham

The Isuzu Trooper was also marketed for a while by Vauxhall / Opel as the Monterey – maybe an Opel dealer could help although I doubt if they will be cheap.

You could also search for “Opel Monterey” on the European eBay sites – there are quite a few ads on the German site.

FWIW, the Trooper / Monterey are serious rust buckets and I would think very carefully before spending good money gettting it registered here.  If the car was never marketed in France, then parts are going to be an issue, not to mention the Cert of Conformity,  It it were me, I'd send it back to the UK and swop it for a UK spec (no imports !) 4x4 such as a Shogun or Landcruiser (or if your brave a Landrover), just my view.

pcwhizz, I suspect that you may have been unlucky with a Trooper rusting. Ours is 8 yrs old and has no rust at all. Whilst we may not get the rain of Europe the ambient atmosphere here is considered hostile to steelwork being humid with saline dust.

I go along with the Shogun (we call it a Pajero) but Landcruisers are glorified tractors. Only get a LR if you like getting your hands dirty.

[quote user="powerdesal"]

I go along with the Shogun (we call it a Pajero) but Landcruisers are glorified tractors. Only get a LR if you like getting your hands dirty.

[/quote]

Shogun /Pajero OK, but that front suspension is way OTT for a 4WD.    Also, the Mitsibushi diesels arn't brill, and that select-o-matic gearbox, enough to give anyone a headache !  Hence the Landcruiser wins IMHO.  Agree re LRs  [:'(]

Forgot to mention the Patrol, now your talking, a proper tractor for on and off the road.  [:D]

But any are better than a Trooper, now that doesn't even come up to being a tractor, but I'm sure the OP is very happy with the Trooper and its none of my business anyhow  [:P]

Hi i have just re-registered my Trooper in pas de Calais with the minimum of fuss, to realign the headlights is a bit fiddly but if i can do it anyone can. Look further into this thread and theres a reply from someone about taking the bulbs out and trimming the three lugs of and re fitting them in a slightly different position, this works a treat. A company in Germany were asking £500 for a set of Trooper lights so this prompted my decision to d.i.y. And i agree the Trooper is worth it, its not great but for the money it aint bad.

good luck