removals - moving home

caroline

Hello

My mother is moving back to the UK for the winter - to Bristol - and I wonder if there is anyone moving to the Dordogne area this Autumn who will have a van going back across the channel which could take some of her things - and so share the costs ?

Please contact me by PM or email from this post.

thank you

Carol

Private details edited by the moderators

We are moving back to UK soon, hopefully end of October - beginning November.  We are using a UK removals company (to avoid breaking any forum rules, you could pm me if you want the name of the company etc) but we don't have a huge amount of stuff so this company is doing a part load and which is also a return load for us. They are putting the stuff into their store in Exeter for 6 months for us whilst we stay in a winter let in a holiday cottage for 6 months whilst we find something more permanent.  They are charging us 900 GBP plus vat for approx. 35 to 40 cu.metres to be moved from Dordogne to Exeter.  If they are able to assist your mother, it would make no difference to our expenses and I have no idea what they will quote you but it may be worth while asking them for a quote.

Hello Megan le Fey

Thank you for your offer and the information. I think it sounds a possibility and I would like to find out more.

I would like to know the name of the company if you can let me know what to do as I am new to this forum and don't understand what 'pm' is ?

thanks again

Caroline

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Hoddy"]Never mind - at least I did the bit I needed to.

Hoddy[/quote]

I wish someone would enlighten me.  I have read and re-read the thread and for the life of me, I cannot see anything particularly funny, or has the little gem  now been edited out?  Must have been bad for that.[:D]

Megan le Fey.

Its not really mega funny, just slightly amusing.

The OP asked    "Please contact me by PM or email from this post"

then in her next post said  "I am new to this forum and don't understand what 'pm' is ?"

Somewhat of a slight contradiction - no   [:D]

I see what you mean about the PM thing, however, as that second poster I can absolutely assure you that I was not "trying so hard to publish" the name and did not publish it.  As far as I am concerned, the company are simply performing a job for me for their usual fee and I was trying to be helpful, and assumed that the OP had not considered a "Return Load".  On reflection, I can see that I should not have replied on the open forum at all but rather should have PM'ed Caroline from the start.  I apologise if I have breached any of the forum rules, it was careless of me but unintentional.

"I apologise if I have breached any of the forum rules, it was careless of me but unintentional."

That is so sweet! You have done absolutely nothing wrong.

I only wish I had half your humility!!

I'd be tearing into just about everyone at this point. [:D]

• 1 month later...