Lewis Hamilton

Clair

Why only a month driving ban ?   Not that I would want to do it ...or would in my car be able ...but if we rip down a Paege now at the equivilant of 120 miles per hour ....can we all quote this resulting one month ban for Hamilton as the going rate for this offence ?..........I doubt it ....is this a case of one law for the famous and another for the rest of us.    He deserves a year ban not a month ...and if it were in the UK he would have got it ! 

He was punished in accordance with the law unlike that stupid policeman who got off doing nearly 170 MPH in the UK.

In terms of dangerous driving 120 mph on a french peage is nothing compared to what that fool did on normal 'A' roads.

With his forward vision and anticipation skills he would have been safer than many ordinary drivers doing 60. 

Not that I'm in any way condoning his actions but ....................Go Lewis, Go...................................[:D]

I remember Button getting caught in between Montpellier and Nimes about five years ago.

French police must be very vigilant!

He was doing about the same speed as Hamilton, probably even more. He was driving one of the Williams' "company cars" - a BMW.....diesel [:D]

[quote user="Cathy"]

If you have a British driving licence, I didn't think that you could get points on it?  Or am I wrong?

[/quote]

My understanding is that since last March (2008) there is legislation allowing Brits speeding in France to be penalised and vice versa (maybe between other countries as well).  Basically the country the person is resident in will now pursue the individual for the fine and apply the penalty.

This is just what I have picked-up and I'm sure others will know what the actual rules are.

Ian

Flippin' 'eck.

I was searching for the legislation details Deimos has just referred to and found this site.

Obtain a driving licence without ever having passed a test...[:-))]

Add categories to your licence that you don't have.............[:-))]

Totally unbelieveable...........................

I didn't see the funny side. He is a roll model for a boat load of youngsters and they see him doing it and all of a sudden it's OK for them to do the same. BB you are possibly correct about his reactions, but they were NOT quick enough to stop him getting caught breaking the law peut etra??? How about the reactions of the youngsters who copy him?

That licence thingy you posted BB. It has to be a lot cheaper to get a licence that way than to go out and but a 'voiture non permis' me thinks!! I would love to get one of those, I think they are great and I can't understand why the people who drive around in the bloody great motor homes haven't latched on to them. Very light weight, economical to drive, you could almost put one on the roof?

[quote user="woolybanana"]Better lewis Hamilton speeding than what the Manchester United football players were up to.[/quote]

Wasn't it an exercise in team bonding???[8-)]

PS: I am referring to the "scoring" abilities of some 6 team players, which, allegedly, was being assessed by an inhibriated 19 year-old young woman at their Christmas party... [Www]