CT retest

Chancer

After failing a CT is there a time limit for carrying out repairs to qualify for a free or reduced fee retest? I understand that this probably depends on the garage owner as in the Uk but is there an official time limit?

My CT was due yesterday, there are one or two things that I think it should fail on which I will repair when returning to my UK workshop next month, I would like to get the car tested just before leaving but if this notional "repair period" does not exist in France then I can get it tested straight away, it might even pass like the last time[Www]

"En cas de contre-visite, le véhicule doit être présenté dans

un délai n'excédant pas 2 mois à compter de la date de la

visite technique périodique défavorable. Si ce délai est

dépassé, le véhicule est soumis à une nouvelle visite complète."

"
Le

prix d'une contre-visite peut être gratuite,

ou vous être facturée jusqu'à 40

euros (selon qu'elle nécessite un simple

contrôle visuel ou un nouveau passage au

banc)."

Its not like the UK MOT JR where you just pass or fail.  Unless it is an outright dangerous condition like brakes or steering in which case you will not get a CT you get a list of advisory items for repair, some you have to do to get your CT, others are for information. 

I must admit I am suprised that you are contemplating driving to the UK with your severely reduced eyesight or has that now improved with further treatment?

[quote user="ErnieY"][quote user="Bugbear"]

Wooly, the coma in your name won't let anyone quote you.

[/quote]BB, surely you mean apostrophe [:-))]

I have reported your irresponsible behaviour so you can expect a visit from the apostrophe police [:D]

[/quote]

perhaps the spelling police as well  [:D]

flipping wireless keyboard...................[:@]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Its not like the UK MOT JR where you just pass or fail.  Unless it is an outright dangerous condition like brakes or steering in which case you will not get a CT you get a list of advisory items for repair, some you have to do to get your CT, others are for information. 

I must admit I am suprised that you are contemplating driving to the UK with your severely reduced eyesight or has that now improved with further treatment?

[/quote]

Thanks for the info and your concern Ron

I was back behind the wheel (nervously but with the surgeons blessing) straight away after the first operation in June and so am completely adjusted/adapted now although I drive a lot more slowly and carefully and have empathy for older drivers with diminished vision.

I waited until September before returning to the UK as I was worried that I might suffer yet another (the 4th) detached retina, and clearly I had reason (doesnt that sound French!) as it did happen and I was stuck there for the month, it gave me a chance to compare the eye hospitals though[;-)].

Editted: re severely reduced eyesight, I am effectively blind in the one eye but that is not a problem to either the police, licensing authorities or insurers in either country, the other eye is very long sighted which only affects my ability to read small print at or nearer than arms length, like the speedometer for instance[6]