New tyres needed soon...

Beemer1150

I'll need some new rubber soon and wondered if anyone has any recomendations for quick-fit type outfits here?

I'm in 17, just south of Saintes but will travel if the price is right!

A couple of connected issues:

The car is a Suzuki Grand Vitara supplied with, and still on, UniRoyal 'Cats Paws', which are a kind of winter tyre that seems to be somewhere between off-road and pure-road. The nearest the vehicle gets to 'off-road' is a muddy track or a sandy beach car park so a road-biased tyre is fine by me. Are there any 'type-approval' issues with using a different style of tyre (all four will be replaced at the same time)? ... and what if you need to use the spare?

Also, what is the official tread depth requirement here?

The tread depth requirement for the main grooves is 1.6mm and must have visible tread all the way across the tyre, you can use the spare in an emergency with a reduced speed, even if it is not the same make or tread pattern as the other tyres on the car.

Three years ago we had a bad experience with the Feu Vert branch near Carrefour in Saintes. We ordered four Michelin tyres and they fitted an inferior brand without consultation and without a new devis.  The devis said Michelin so they were made to put Michelins on. I have just ordered four tyres from pneus-online.fr. Total cost, delivered to our garage, is well under €500 TTC. The tyres are Bridgestone 265/70x16. Pneus-online have agents across France to whom the tyres can be delivered for fitting.  Details are on the site.

Pete

not

Sue