Replica Jguar XK140 - to register or not?

Hi, I have a replica Jaguar XK140 that I built, had SVA'd and registered in UK (last year)  and now have it with me here in France permanently.  I want to register all my vehicles a.s.a.p and have been advised by an English friend that it may be easier to keep the Jaguar British because of the paperwork involved with a kit car.  I'd obviously like it to become French, especially with the problem of insuring it and wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Also, are there any Jaguar clubs in the region (we live near Rochechuart) or anyone who has an interest in building the classics?

[quote user="Bob T"]Just the title of this thread made me read it. Legally I don't think you have a choice to register or not, it should read be legal or not.

[/quote]

Yep, no optiom I'm afraid mate.  It is also illegal to keep a car in France without insurance, another one to hit you were it hurts.

I would very seriously consider selling the car in the UK, as you are going to have to jump through some serious red tape to get it registered.  All part of the move to France, I had to sell my RS200 replica - proper job, 10 years in the making - as part of my move.  I now enjoy tractors, there's nothing quiet like driving a tractor you've brought back to life over your own land, beats dodging speed cameras in a car that can do 0 -100 kph in a blink !!

BTW, were you at Limoges Airport a couple of months ago ?  I so, I think I saw you - or rather, the car, not interested  in looking at you !!!!  If so, its a smart build, well done,

[quote user="writersblock"]have been advised by an English friend that

it may be easier to keep the Jaguar British because of the paperwork

involved with a kit car.[/quote]You make it sound like a choice, which it isn't, and apologies if I'm wrong but it sounds as if you're already driving it in France illegally [blink]

About it not being a choice yes but judging by both the question and subsequent comment about "regular pick ups at Limoges" I'm not sure the OP appreciates that he might already be driving it illegally.

But then again, maybe his "English friend" has advised him on that one also [Www]