Naughty Boy

Terry

Just to confirm  JR's point that you may not have points written on your french license, but they may still exist in the records as having been awarded.

After being penalised 3 times Eddie had to change his license to a french one. A year or more after his last offence (for which he had paid the fine ages ago) he received a letter saying that the points were given. The letter also said that these points would remain for I think 3 years - can't find the letter now. It was for not wearing a seatbelt, 3 points [:(] But his actual license is clean, no penalties on it.

[quote user="ErnieY"]

You can check on your points HERE 

If you had somehow unknowingly lost all your points then surely you would be driving 'sans permis' and if that were so I think I'd want to know it rather than find out the hard way [:-))] 

[/quote]

Didn't you like my link to the Telepoints site then Ernie?[:)]

I hope that no one was injured in the sympathetic stampede to reassure me that I probably have speeding points that I don't know about. 

I am overwhelmed by this haste so kindly meant.

But in fact I don't have any (deducted) points that I don't know about.  I have one (lost) point, and one only.  And I do know about it, and I know that I have no others. 

I have my total score in my file in black and white.  This is France  -  I actually have a document, which is duly and reverently preserved.

And that solitary point was scotched from my account as the result of a transgression committed after my change of licence.

The bad marks accumulated before the change were not brought forward into the newly acquired French licence  -  despite all your anxieties or hopes to the contrary.

(Which is precisely why, given its relevance to Beerdrinkers situation, I contributed my original post to this thread.)