UK Photocard Driving Licences start expiring in 2008

Sunday Driver

Just as a postscript SD (and to thank you for bothering...) your post sent me to look at the date on my UK licence. To my horror I found it was missing. With advice from the forum, I rang Swansea (who were very helpful and efficient), paid £5 and got the necessary form in the post three days later. A week later I have my French licence, issued at the Prefecture (after 30 minutes processing of all the documents) and free of charge.

regards

Lisa

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I do love the 'law' in France. Anyhow my story :

One day I went to the Pref, they refused to exchange my driving license for a French one (although being a resident and working here!). They did give me an 'official' document saying my license was valid.

They also gave me paperwork confirming when (they must have known) I get a point that I would have to 'convert' my license.

Some time after I was stopped by the local plod who were not interested in the 'official' papers I had, and was told if I was stopped again with a UK license I would be fined!

Hey Ho!

• 4 weeks later...
Just as an update and thanks to SD here and elsewhere, just exchanged UK photo licence (running out Jan 09) in Niort, very helpfull lady, licence returned in 4 days, cost 25 euros, with all categories held on UK licence transferred with no medical A, B, C, D, E with C to E valid for 5 years, funny old life aint it, cheers