Boy Racers

AnOther

The scarcity of 'boy racers' is a very welcome aspect of driving in France but I encountered my first one this morning on a trip into Cahors and it was a hoot.

I quietly was tootling along in a 70 limit my MGB when a small Citroen van took a shine to my rear bumper. I have become quite accustomed to this behaviour so it didn't bother me too much but when we reached the end of the 70 and entered a 90 stretch I was more amused then surprised to see it pull out in an attempted overtake not only whilst I was myself accelerating up to 90 but with traffic approaching from the opposite direction, even if I had stayed at 70 it was a hopeless maneouver so he pulled back in again and even with me travelling at 90 began to disappear into the distance.

Eventually in the outskirts of Cahor in a 50 (Pradines for those who are familiar with the area) he caught up with me and once again attached himself to my bumper until an opportunity presented itself to pass which he did, obviously exceeding the 50 in the process, and it was then that I fell about laughing because said van was revealed as a C15D, 1.8 non-turbo diesel if I'm not mistaken, rotten as a pear, rattling like a bag of nails and belching smoke from the ludicrous Cosworth size back box which the numpty had fitted.

Who said the French had style, this one certainly had none and looked and acted like a complete twat !

it cracks me up - a small car covered with spoilers and stick on go faster stripes (bullet holes etc), a huge bonnet scoop (no hole in the bonnet for any air though) and its a Citroen saxo 1.1 diesel! At least I only painted my calipers red...........

Steve