I've lost my Carte Gris. What now?

Howie

Hi all. Hope you can help.

I can't believe it myself, But I've lost my Carte Gris.

I must have had one when I re-matriculated my car from the UK, mustn't I?

Anyway, I have the old CT (which was done using the UK registration certificate), and my certificate d'immatriculation.

Bearing in mind that my spoken French isn't brilliant, and my written French is worse, does anyone know the process for applying for a new Carte Gris. I will be extremely grateful and I can't get the car CT'd without it.

Thanks in advance,

Howard.

[quote user="Howie"]Anyway, I have the old CT (which was done using the UK registration certificate), and my certificate d'immatriculation.[/quote]

The pale blue(ish) piece of paper entitled "Certificat d'Immatriculation" is the 'carte grise.'

[img]http://www.autoschoen.com/gif/carte_grise.jpg[/img]

Oooh. that's really wierd. Thank you so much.

The guy at the desk in my local CT station looked through all my documents and told me the Carte Grise wasn't there. Your picture is exactly what I have. Is it possible that a normal French car has a different type of Carte Grise and that he just didn't know that this is a different type of the same thing, - for a car that has been re-matriculated from the UK?

Howie.

That's what my carte grise looks like and mine is a 'French' car.

I think there's a newer version now, but it's not significantly different from the picture I posted.

Garagiste having a blonde moment?!

Look at the Certificat d'Immatriculation shown in Âme's posting and you will see at the bottom a Coupon Detachable.

A French friend told me some time ago that if you do loose the document being able to show this will simplify the replacement procedure.