A16 - Speed Camera?

Paul King

[quote user="cooperlola"]

.  I can't see Europe getting their act together on the speeding thing either this year or next - can anybody else - really?[Www] 

[/quote]

I am currently chancing my arm with a PV from Belgium, they certainly have access to the French matriculation database but cross border enforcement action? well we will have to wait and see, if it is anything like my ongoing stand against AXA it will be a long time before I can be sure one way or the other, I got another letter recomandée only this morning.

Still it keeps la factrice fit!

A non-tecchie tip... on stretches of autoroute around major urban areas speed limits are usually reduced from 130 to 110 or 90.

In my experience (please note, experience, not a quoted govt. source) more 90 limits are being introduced all the time, for example the rocades (ring roads) around Bordeaux and Toulouse are now 90, they were 110 (not that it mattered in the rush hours).

[quote user="Chancer"][quote user="cooperlola"]

.  I can't see Europe getting their act together on the speeding thing either this year or next - can anybody else - really?[Www] 

[/quote]

I am currently chancing my arm with a PV from Belgium, they certainly have access to the French matriculation database but cross border enforcement action? well we will have to wait and see, if it is anything like my ongoing stand against AXA it will be a long time before I can be sure one way or the other, I[/quote]

I wonder if AXA's has people reading French Forums, I bet they do[:D][:D]

[quote user="nounours"]I am not sure but I believe the 90 from 110 sections of the ring road in Toulouse are only a summer anti-pollution measure, but there are a number of parts that are 90 like the one by the Midi.but we are getting a long way from the A16 aren't we[:D][/quote]

You are nearly correct: the Toulouse 90 limit was originally a temporary measure in Summer 2006, an exercise repeated in 2007 BUT made permanent all year round in October 2007. For HGVs the limit is 80kph

Wherever you are, simply pay attention to the road including all warning signs, rather than relying on some electronic gizmo which may not have got the latest update app or whatever before you set out.

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]I hope not - Vendee is a bit close for comfort........[:-))]
[/quote]

We have a ride-out planned for as soon as the weather picks up SD, are you in ? [:D]

[/quote]  You ar welcome to come to tea anytime, I'll keep an eye out for you.  Do you want one lump or two?