Amaguiz

Juswundrin

• 4 weeks later...
I am now with them ..no problems and my insurance bill is well down this year. The only hiccup was that it took three weeks for my local garage (as arranged by Amaguiz) to order and fit a kilometre counter for my vehicle.

Thanks Brodie

I've done some reading on French forums and most people seem pleased with them (those who can get past the "it's too cheap to be any good" mindset!)

A couple of people with claims were happy with their handling, which is always the acid test, so I'm going to sign up myself next month.

Thanks again for the reply.

Norwich Union did something similar a couple of years ago, but take-up wasn't as great as they expected. I took it out, and found it incredibly cheap. After 6 months they closed the operation down, so I had to return to normal (dearer) insurance. I think it's a really good idea, and if you know of people who've had claims handled well, it sounds excellent!

[quote user="gardengirl "]Norwich Union did something similar a couple of years ago, but take-up wasn't as great as they expected. I took it out, and found it incredibly cheap. After 6 months they closed the operation down, [/quote]

Not making enough money out of it - evidently!!

[quote user="Chancer"]

How few miles do you need to do to make it rentable?

Does the insurer pay for the fitting of the counter?

What sort of price per 1000k are you paying?

Thank you!

Oh and is the breakdown cover included?

[/quote]

Here's a link to their website http://www.amaguiz.com/assurance-en-ligne-@/index.jspz?id=52

Try it for your self.

"Does the insurer pay for the fitting of the counter?"

Free fitting, €60 to remove at the end of your contract (I'd be getting that back in Year 1 alone.

"Oh and is the breakdown cover included?"

From memory, optional extra at 0.03c per km. If you google "code promo amaguiz", there are usually codes available for either the first 1000km, or one of the other add-ons, free for the first year.