Sat Nav - The spy in your car.

Dog

I love maps and I have a pretty extensive collection (including 30 or 40 OS maps of UK [blink] ) but I find a SatNav very useful on the motorbike where it's difficult to consult a map easily, having to stop, get the gloves off, fish out the map etc., and particularly if it's raining. The TomTom I use ("Rider") has a bluetooth connection to a helmet mounted headset. So whether it's finding an address in town, or locating a village which I've never been to before, the SatNav is brilliant, and you don't need to keep looking at i, just listen! Works for me! Try finding a particular hotel in the centre of Madrid for example (or Paris, or London).

On a recent drive home from Paris, there were a very high number of temporary speed limits. As my eyes were glued to what the adjacent local lunatics would do next it was all too easy to miss one limit.

Therefore I can sympathise with ‘speeding accidentally’

I'm with Sid - I have BMR cowling mount for my Nuvi 660 on the bike connected thru Bluetooth to my Caberg Jet (Summer) or my 5 helmet (European winter and/or British summer). Brilliant bit of kit, listen to instructions if not sure then quick drop down to look at map - BMR.com mounts are brill. In Italy, I go for a bimble and get thoroughly lost then, to go home, just switch on the bluetooth.

[quote user="Jo"]My car has a digital speedometer which I can't change to Kms from Mph, so I use my Satnav as a speedometer as I can't remember all the conversions[:$]
[/quote]

If your car is a Renault, you should be able to switch between mph and kph by depressing the switch on the end of stalk (it switches between various instrument display options) while inserting the key and turning it to the second position. You should keep the switch depressed for about 5 seconds.

My car is a Citroen C2, circa 2006, and unfortunately the model that doesn't have the ability to change!! Didn't realise till I bought it that the next grade up had an interchangeable speedo! Serves me right for not doing my homework[:(]