Amaguiz for car insurance?

Daft Doctor

Hi, I've just got an online quote for car insurance from Amaguiz which is 40% cheaper than my renewal from Allianz, despite me opting for breakdown cover from 0km and despite lower franchises on everything except windscreens (102.50 instead of 100).  I am sorely tempted, as the other was hastily arranged through an English speaking broker when I arrived in France, but I wonder if anyone has used Amaguiz themselves and have any feedback to give.  Many thanks. 

[quote user="Daft Doctor"]Hi, I've just got an online quote for car insurance from Amaguiz which is 40% cheaper than my renewal from Allianz,  [/quote]

Have you tried La Poste ? Their quote for comprehensive + all bells and whistles for our 2 cars was astoundingly good value and 45% cheaper than our renewal quote with Allianz.

They are relatively new to the market so are trying really hard to win a good share.

Edit: I do not know about la Poste insurance online as I talked to the conseillere in our local PO as I had a mountain of questions to put to her.

Sue

Hi Lehaut, thanks for the link, I also found that particular review online, amongst a grand total of 3, so I wasn't too phased by it.  Thanks for that tip also Suein56 but in the end I have gone for Amaguiz, same (on paper at least) cover, sl less franchises and 370 euros (offer of 12 months for price of 10) for the year instead of 660.  Lets hope I don't need to test out how good they are!  When I looked at it it seemed that they are one of the few online insurers as yet in France, but Groupama are a big company.  I am hoping that rather than inferior service, the saving boils down to a more 'modern' business model, i.e. not handing out wadfuls of cash to intermediaries that no-one needs!  [;-)] 

We used Amaguiz for two years after Allianz doubled their price for us on renewal. We didn't make any claims so can't help you on that side, but their customer support was very quick to answer any questions via their website but like all insurances they eventually upped their yearly renewal far and above the inflation rate.

We are now with LaPoste and we will see what their renewal cost is like at the end of the year.

• 1 month later...

We recently signed up with idmacif.fr and they seem decent.  I have another car to insure so I'll take a look at amaguiz, too.  It looks like they have a "pay as you drive" plan which might be good for our 2nd car which we don't drive very much.