Car Battery Bargain

Pommier

Our car needs a new battery so we looked in Leclerc where the one that fitted was €75 with a 2 year guarantee. I then looked on line and found that Norauto were doing a branded a battery with a 3 year guarantee for €71 delivered free to their nearest branch and with a €15 voucher for the old battery. I them looked on the off chance that there was a promo code for Norauto and actually found one giving a 15% discount for new customers.

Might be useful if anyone else wants a battery.

We had an email today to say that the battery was ready for collection, so off we went, collected new battery, fitted it and took the old one into the shop in exchange for the €15 bon d'achat.

No worries about how good/bad their mechanics are as they weren't involved.

Mint. Your quote; Just ask around local to you about your Norauto however. We went to our local branch for change of brake pads and I have posted on here about  squealing brakes! Never hurt to ask around?

Mint, just a point about squealing brakes. The backs of the new pads should have been copper slip greased. That is what stops the noise in most circumstances.

Hope that helps.

Les.

Be careful changing batteries on modern cars - its not like it used to be with your old Morris Minor.

Many modern cars need a very specific sequence of events to be followed (ignition on / off, pause X amount of seconds, close door, open window, do a handstand etc) to fully power down the ECUs, and then reconnection requires more hoop-jumping.

Failure to do so will leave you potentially non-starting due to immobiliser problems and potentially damaging the rediculously over-complicated electronics in the worst case.

Daves top tip - search "battery replacemen procedure [your model]" on google - there is always plenty of info online.