Garagiste's obligation to offer second hand parts for car

minnie

Happy New Year one and all. How do contributors to the forum think that this will work? What are the obligations of the garage. For instance, last year we needed new brake caliper fittings for our aged Citroen C5. This year, how far would the garage have to go to locate these second hand parts...is this clear from the legislation? For me this is now just hypothesis but I'd be interested to know how others think that this might work. Can the garage just say "we can't locate 2nd hand parts"?

Perhaps you'd better explain more clearly because I can't really see what

obligation any garage would be under to hunt down second hand parts for a customer [8-)]

EDIT: I presume you mean this:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/conso/2016/05/31/05007-20160531ARTFIG00270-les-garagistes-devront-proposer-des-pieces-detachees-d-occasion-des-2017.php

I would think that's aimed at relatively recent parts from wrecks which are likely to be pretty freely available from a myriad of breakers and only a phone call away rather than ancient rusty knackered obsolete stuff which is probably no better than what you've got simply to keep a crappy clunker away from the scrappies gate.

You wouldn't catch me fitting second hand brake parts though period !

My belle fille gets her car repaired at a local casse auto, which has it's own garage and they do womble parts for her baniole.........lot cheaper. They do use new parts too, ie brakes etc, but for some things she saves a lot of money.

She has done this for ages.

No risk of getting dodgy secondhand brake parts......

Les catégories de pièces de rechange automobiles issues de l'économie circulaire concernées

par ces nouvelles règles sont les suivantes (article R 121-29 du code de la consommation) :

 Les pièces de carrosserie amovibles ;

 Les pièces de garnissage intérieur et de la sellerie ;

 Les vitrages non collés ;

 Les pièces optiques ;

 Les pièces mécaniques ou électroniques, à l'exception de celles faisant partie :

 Des trains roulants ;

 Des éléments de la direction ;

 Des organes de freinage ;

 Des éléments de liaison au sol qui sont assemblés, soumis à usure mécanique et

non démontables.