Releasing money from UK pensions

Hi,
I wanted to know if there are any other members out there that knew they could access some of the money from their uk pension funds tax free if they are non resident in the uk for tax purposes?

And also that by doing this and transfering over to a non uk based fund they could reap much more substantial returns that are often not passed on by their existing provider?

It is worth getting well informed as there is much more to be made out of our pension pots and we are in the fortunate position as expats to benefit from these tax breaks.

I would be happy to pass on the information that I have to other members.

Bill

I think that QROPS are the only possible avenue but they carry their own risks and costs and definitely require competent professional advice.

If you have information which may be of interest to others with similar questions pray do tell [;-)]

Hi,

The problem with "releasing" money from your pension is that in fact you are consuming money from your pension fund that you will not easily replace . You should bear in mind that a pension is intended to provide an income in OLD AGE ,when your resources will be reduced and your needs possibly increased. You should think very care fully before trying to use up your pension early, for short-term advantage.