Pet food from the UK

val douest

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, thank you, Val.  Just ordered a big bag of Royal Canin for the pooch.........money off for first order and no delivery charge!

Fab!  Will take her forever to eat up the food so there'll be the cost of buying tins and /or plastic bins to store the food in............well, you do save on the food itself, right?[:D]

Thank's Val, I have 4 dogs and 9 cats and am forever in the supermarket shopping for their food.  I have now found their food on the site a lot cheaper and with more variety in the flavours and with a very fussy standard poodle he will like the change.

Wow, thanks for that info Val, I was wondering where I was going to by James Wellbeloved in France when we go for 3 months at a time. I don't think hubby would be too pleased if I loaded the car up with dog food do you [;-)] I have saved the website in favourites now so will be able to order when we are over there.

Well done from here too Val. We have just amazed our facteur when he delivered an open box that STANK of fish![+o(] We have ordered and received a bag of dried sprats and  bag of dried cod pieces ([6])! When OH got the box indoors our labrador was almost into the box!

She had a small handful of the sprats for her lunch and LOVED them!!!

We will be ordering our usual Naturediet from them when this lot gets to about 1/2 way through. It's about 1/2 the price we pay at the moment!

My delivery from Zooplus arrived today, only problem being that the postman left a note in my letterbox saying that he tried to deliver the food but I wasn't in.  What he meant was that I had ordered so much dog and cat food and the boxes were so heavy that he wasn't going to put them in his van so I had to go to the post office to collect them!  There is still one box outstanding so I'll wait and see if he delivers that.  Apart from that brilliant. 

Thanks again Val

• 4 months later...

Another company I have come across is MedicAnimal. We have a Cavalier and have found it difficult to order Royal Canin from UK. Here in France a 1.5 kg bag costs €13.10. at Bricpmarche and 13.90 at Leclerc This company charge about £6.75 but a 7.5 kg bag costs £28.24.- a saving of around £15.  Frontline spot on is £13.75Post in UK is free over£29 and France £37.70. Delivery takes about 3 days. If anyone is interested PM me with your email address and you can get a 15% discount off your first order, and I get £5.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure about this lot now?

We have ordered 2 lots from them and after the first box arrived, badly damaged due to bad packaging, I contacted them and asked about the packaging. They said it would be looked into and corrected. The second box arrived with the outer box intact, good start, but everything inside had been bouncing around and 6 of the food packages had been damaged and the tops of the cartons punctured. Naturediet has no preservatives in it and if exposed to the air spoils very quickly. I contacted them again and now I have to photograph the damaged packets and send the proof to them before they will credit us for the damage their bad packaging has caused. Several of the punctures are quite small, but still big enough to spoil the contents, and I am not at all sure the damage will show up?

I am now wondering if their prices are worth it? We don't want hassle, just a delivery of food for our dog!