Cheap telly

Clair

A big(ger) Leclerc opened in Gramat (46) today and as we were in the neighbourhood, we paid a visit.

They were selling a 42" plasma Panasonic Viera with TNT tuner for €600, with €300 credited on the Leclerc card...

Guess who's got a new telly? [:P]

[quote user="Clair"]A big(ger) Leclerc opened in Gramat (46) today and as we were in the neighbourhood, we paid a visit.
They were selling a 42" plasma Panasonic Viera with TNT tuner for €600, with €300 credited on the Leclerc card...

Guess who's got a new telly? [:P]
[/quote]

Only the one? - at that price I thought you would have bought a few [:D]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]For that price even I would buy a Plasma telly [:P]

[/quote]

Totally agree! Not our first choice, Plasma was never even on the list, but at €300, who could have refused? [:D]

V. good picture on it, even though it's not full HD (specs)

Surprising 3-D look to the images.

We've found the main French channels and a couple of others on TNT, even though we're not officially in a TNT-enabled area. The picture is much much better than through the aerial...

and we've still got €300 to spend on the Leclerc card! [:D]

[quote user="lizzy h"]Is just in Guret or is it all shops and whens the offer on till as we cannot get till saturday and La Soutterraine would be nearer

[/quote]

I have not mentioned Guret (?).

It is (was?) a special offer for the opening of the new Leclerc in Gramat.

I think I mentioned some months ago Clair that Aurillac La Bastide Haut Mont is transmitting the "France Televisions" TNT mulitplex unofficially for engineering reasons.

I would assume you're getting 2/3/5/Arte/LCP and possibly the "wrong" FR3 regions as well...   on ch 60 UHF....?

Martin,

I can watch TF1, France 2, France 3, France 5, ARTE, TMC, NRJ12, LCP and FR3 Toulouse, as well as a few encrypted channels listed too (TF6, LC1, Eurosport, ATH).

Sorry, I can't help with 60 UHF details... [:$]

In fact I was mistaken,  it's UHF ch 61 (not 60) that is being used for engineering purposes at La Bastide,  transmitting FR3 Sud/Quercy and FR3 Rhone Alpes/Auvergne apparently.

But the others (all as far as I can see on multiplex R6) must be coming from another transmitter,  depending on where you are  (I guess you might be quite high?).

Somewhere in the on-screen information it normally tells you what UHF channel is carrying the TNT multiplex that you're watching,  but if it's not obvious then it's not worth pursuing.   But if you do ever happen to see which channels you're receiving R1 and R6 on I'd be quite interested to know (maybe on the sat subsection).

Thanks anyway Clair - glad you're getting something....

Found something, maybe this will give you the answer...:

• TF1 CH30
  • TMC CH30
  • NRJ12 CH30
  • LC1 CH30
  • TF6 CH30
  • Eurosport CH30
The signal strength is good, but not as good as on CH61, where all the other channels are.

We are about 650m high...

Very interesting Clair,  and thank you for making a sad geek (who normally swims in the murk at the bottom of the satellite subsection as you know) very happy.

Your R6 is almost undoubtedly coming from Bergerac Audrix.   Its (Audrix's) other TNT allocations are being killed off at your location by co-channel analogue signals from Ussel/Meymac/Mt Bessou,  (chs 39,  42,  45),  a mast that can be seen on a clear day from La Bastide Haut Montagne,   50 miles due north of the latter.

That is extremely interesting from my point of view.   You will have to wait until La Bastide is officially launched for the rest of the TNT channels.    I'll see if I can find an update,  it was after all supposed to happen fin 2008 I seem to remember,   but the digital roll out timetable increasingly departs from reality as the months wear on..

Renewed thanks Clair.

[quote user="Martinwatkins"]Very interesting Clair,  and thank you for making a sad geek (who normally swims in the murk at the bottom of the satellite subsection as you know) very happy.[/quote]

You're welcome Martin [:D]

If that's all it takes to make you happy, I am very pleased I was able to help [:P]

PS: Bergerac Audrix seems a heck of a long way away... [blink]

PPS: you may be a geek, but you're not a sad one...

It is a long way but you're high up and although the reception from Audrix for normal coverage peters out long before it gets to you it's inevitable that there will be little patches that are favourably placed,  and looking at the Audrix map it shows little blobs of reception towards your area.

As I say,  most interesting.

• 2 months later...
[quote user="Clair"]Found something, maybe this will give you the answer...:

• TF1 CH30
  • TMC CH30
  • NRJ12 CH30
  • LC1 CH30
  • TF6 CH30
  • Eurosport CH30
The signal strength is good, but not as good as on CH61, where all the other channels are.

We are about 650m high...

[/quote]

Quick update for Martin:

The list of available channels has suddenly been updated.

We are receiving from CH22 (M6, Arte HD, W9...). The signal is very poor though and some of the channels which were listed have now disappeared (TF1HD, FR2HD...)

We are also receiving from CH30 and CH61 as before, as well as from CH33.

Reception of ch 22 suggests that Audrix Multiplex R5 has just been switched on.   I'd guess that was pretty recent,  and you're probably seeing it a) because the weather is good and b) because ch 22 isn't stamped on by Mt Bessou.   Ditto ch 33 from Audrix with the France Televisions that you already get on ch 61 from up the road.

Curiously enough I was up at La Bastide on Monday afternoon but wasn't expecting to be,  otherwise I'd have got in touch first.