I NEED TO WORK!!!

ian and karen

Well thought i'd give this a try anyway incase i get lucky.

I speak some french, and have 9 GCSE's, 1 A level and also 2 computing certificates. I have had experience in a variety of areas and i am willing to try any job. I am finding it really difficult to get work here though, i have even tried at the local chicken factory, signed on with job agency but with no luck. I have no skills as such, apart from reading music which doesnt really count.
Anyone got any ideas or any work ( she says cheekily)

Dept 53

Cool, out of 2000+ members, there are at least 4 of us who aren't in the gite business!

My latest thought is a complete change, into the immobilier area - if there are lots of anglais moving into your area you could offer your services there. Or the "granny" service thing?

Offer your services (paid!) for private English lessons, or looking after children, or gardening, or translating, or helping people with basic computing skills (if you're up to speed with a French keyboard and Windows in French)?

Ummmmm, and that's it really! Apart from a google search on offres emplois and the like, which will give you a vague idea of what's available in your area.

Good luck

>I speak some french, and have
>9 GCSE's, 1 A level
>and also 2 computing certificates.
> I have had experience
>in a variety of areas
>and i am willing to
>try any job. I
>am finding it really difficult
>to get work here though,
>i have even tried at
>the local chicken factory, signed
>on with job agency but
>with no luck. I
>have no skills as such,
>apart from reading music which
>doesnt really count.
>Anyone got any ideas or any
>work ( she says cheekily)
>
>
>Dept 53

So who paid for your now useless exams,what a waste of my and other hard working types taxes,the fact that you quote gce,s etc must mean that they are uk qualifications so you now think working in a chicken factory needs 9 what evers and a A whatsit,glad I waisted my youth.

I think there are some derogatory posts here. I have pasted part of the LF code of conduct below.

<< Users must not post messages which:
- Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies,>>

Maybe LF should withdraw certain posts here?

Good luck to you I say. As for the derogatory comments - why do people think they have the 'right' to judge others on here? Having spent a great deal of my life involved in education (I have 10 'O' levels, 4 'A' levels, a first class degree, teaching qual, masters degree and lots of other bits of paper - the majority paid for with my hard earned cash or via contributions to the state from father/grandfathers etc, etc - have worked non-stop since I was 18 - to fund an early retirement in France) - I can tell you, however, that these things mean very little in the real world. What is important is a sense of commitment, loyalty, being conscientious, able to communicate effectively with others etc - in other words, good old life skills (called 'transferable skills' in today's jargon) & I think that you have probably got lots of these, plus more to offer besides. Keep looking - I'm quite sure that you will find something worthwhile - as they say 'up north' whence I originate - "if you don't ask, you don't get" - at least you are showing some good old fashioned initiative - I hope it pays off.
Michelle