what hourly rate to charge

minidigger

hi,i have just registered on a micro enterprise as a ground worker, and am a bit unsure of what hourly rate to charge as the brits seem to have an inflated hourly charge compared to what we're told the french earn.

I was told the going rate here for a mini digger and driver was 40euros an hour, this seems rather high to me.

has anyone hired a digger & driver, and if so could you please give me an idea of what the average hourly rate was.

obviously i will have to account for the social charges & taxes, but the cost of living is much lower here.

I paid €150 for a digger/driver for about 4hrs work just a few weeks ago. I was very happy with the price considering the time it would have taken me to do the job manually.

I think you're in the right area of €40 an hour.

Hi.

I was about to sell my mini digger that I have here in blighty untill I read this post,did you have much trouble registering your trailor? do you need to register the mini digger I `ve got a 1.5 ton digger on a 4 wheeled braked trailor any info would help

Dave

Our local farmer charges 30 euros per hour for his full sized JCB and this includes taking away what he digs out if you want. He also delivers topsoil for the same price which includes the topsoil! We are in the North Dordogne and it is strictly cash.