Registering as a SARL

zeb

Hi Zeb

I am currently registering as a SARL and our cost is tied in with our accountancy charges for which we pay €250 a quarter and that is for everything registering and monthly accounts quarterly returns and end of year returns..

We decided upon a SARL as it gives more credibility to your operation (supposedly and it has its own tax relief-- It is an entity in it's own right therefore suited us for tax reasons).

If it was a one off registration It would depend on the person registering it for you for example we also have an SCI and bought our property through the SCI, again as this suits our situation, we had read in a few "how to do " books thatit could cost as much as £2,000.00 and ours actually cost 1,000.00€ through our Notaire.. My advice would be to look for a reputable accountant and listen to the pro's and cons what will suit one person will not suit another..

I hope you manage to sort things out

cheers

Barry

Bizzer why did you register your home as an SCI? I didn't think that we could as french residents, or maybe I didn't think that there was any advantage to doing this as french residents.

Sorry I am confused about this as I am with much of this sort of stuff. I never trust that anything will work as I want it to.

The SCI was set up as my partner will still be a resident in England for quite a few years yet and it suited our tax needs at present.as well as some inheritance issues. the property we have bought has two french tenants --it was built in 1627 and consists of a shop on the ground floor and two appartments above so the SCi will look after all the rents etc.

If we had both been French residents there would have been no real need for the SCI.

Cheers

Barry

The SCI was set up as my partner will still be a resident in England for quite a few years yet and it suited our tax needs at present.as well as some inheritance issues. the property we have bought has two french tenants --it was built in 1627 and consists of a shop on the ground floor and two appartments above so the SCi will look after all the rents etc.

If we had both been French residents there would have been no real need for the SCI.

Cheers

Barry

Hi

The first rule in business is to keep your costs to minimum.

Unless you are in a serious money business where there maybe some financial advantages, do the business course ( choose the cheapest in terms of cotisations, which by the way can be deferred for two years, this usually means a micro enterprise, and go from there.

Your customers won't care if you are a micro, SARL, PLC or whatever!!!

• 3 weeks later...