Hose pipe ban.

All depends on where you live.  We are in 79 which is part of

Poitou Charentes and the ban has recently been lifted here -I believe

we were the last area to have a ban.  The current situation can be

seen at: http://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=741 As

for when it will be reimposed - how long is a piece of string. 

The situation is being closely monitored.

Can't speak for your neck of the woods, but around here I'm pretty sure that in mid-Sept there was a Departmental 'edict' which officially terminated the arrete (so to speak). A week or two before that though, there was a tacit understanding that it had become OK to re-commence watering, re-fill pools, wash cars etc. It had become a bit rainy, so it was blindingly obvious anyway, but I hasten to add that we're in an area where, although bloomin' hot in the Summer, we have a natural water source which gets quickly replenished as soon as rain starts.

Bottom line is that there's almost certainly no ban just now, but it could come on at any time. according to where you are .......... and it can vary in it's degree from commune to commune, e.g. in this commune, you couldn't re-fill a pool, but 10kms down the road, you could.

Your Mairie ought to know - but don't hold your breath!   

Hi Dotty

It was 11th March; I posted on it at the time in case people hadn't

heard. 

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/641758/ShowPost.aspx

We went to look at the reservoir at Cebron on the 11th and from being

seriously low just 2 weeks before it was higher than I've ever seen it

- and I've been here 4 years!

Thank you for the information. I wish I had asked earlier as I had been creeping out at midnight to water the garden all through September and October.

In the meantime, I have set up a 1000 litre storage tank; fed from the roof rain water, so I am able to top up my above ground pool when it loses water through evaporation for this coming 'dry season'.

I will use the web sit that was mentioned to monitor the situation as the season advances!

Lautrec.

[quote user="Suandpete"]Hi Dotty
It was 11th March; I posted on it at the time in case people hadn't heard.  http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/641758/ShowPost.aspx
We went to look at the reservoir at Cebron on the 11th and from being seriously low just 2 weeks before it was higher than I've ever seen it - and I've been here 4 years!

[/quote]

Many thanks for that.  I can't believe how quickly the ditches and so on have been replenished.  We have a well that we have yetto use, its covered over with a very large slab, too heavy for me to move, so I don't get to peer down the well very often.  However, took a look a couple of weeks ago and its nearly full.  Previously it had been down to about 25 feet.

Dotty