Congés payés in the building trade

Cerise

Wonder if anyone out there who works in the bulding trade can help?  Husband - who works salaried for small electrical/plumbing firm - took paid leave in May.  So far has not been paid by the caisse for this.  Enquiries meet with amazement that he should have been so foolish as to take holiday at a time when they (the caisse) are behind with their work and advice that he will get paid one of these days - oh good!!  I know that his employers have paid all that is necessary and filled in all the proper bits of paper but so far we haven't been paid.

He doesn't want to keep hassling his boss too much, as they have problems of their own at the moment, but does anyone have experience of how long the caisse are likely to take before they cough up?  Any indications would be useful.

To think we decided that he would get a salaried job as it would be easier!!! The joys of working in France[8-)]

Yes it is - and, no it hasn't been!!  Employers chased them again yesterday, but they really don't seem to care much.  It is maddening - I would much prefer that he was paid by his employers who would have paid him on time.  As I say, they simply say they are behind due to the tax declaration period - pity I can't say the same to EDF and France Telecom.

Did he send off his piece of paper back to the CCBO with the dates of holidays to be taken etc? If not, then they won't know anything about him taking his hols and won't pay out - you do have to inform them well before the time taken off. Suggest you ring the CCBO yourselves and sort it out with an attestation from the patron to say when he was off as it should have been deducted from his wage slip.

Thanks Val - yes I think all the appropriate pieces of paper have gone off and it was indeed deducted from the payslip.  Employers have been notified that he will be paid when they have decided when his August holidays are - the problems seems to be that he doesn't want any holidays in August!!  Unusually, perhaps, his boss does not normally close the firm in August preferring to take his own holidays more spread out - which suits us.  They are trying again today to clarify things so hopefully won't be too long before he gets paid.  Very frustrating and after the amount of cotisations everyone pays it seems ridiculously complicated just to get paid the money you are due.

Could you please tell me a bit more about the conges payes that you are referring to, does it apply only to the building trade?   My son-in-law has a salaried job in catering, he had to take three weeks leave in February and worked extra hours on his return so that his salary was not docked.  He knows his leave entitlement but seems to think that this is without pay.  He has been with the firm for a year and receives an official payslip with all the relevant taxes deducted.  Are you saying that holiday pay should be claimed from another department?  Thanks.

Sorry - don't know about catering trades.  In the building trade paid holiday is subject to the number of hours worked up to 31 March each year.  It is paid by the caisse rather than the employer (don't ask me why!!) and the employer pays cotisations to the caisse to enable them to pay the employee - or NOT in our case at the moment[:)]  I think the idea is to make sure employees get paid for and take their holiday entitlement, but it seems vastly complicated to me.  Your son should ask his employer what his paid holiday leave entitlement is, and it should also be stated in his contract.  He may need to work a year in hand.  If their is a collective agreement in the catering trades then his employer should arrange the appropriate paperwork.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to give you a more adequate response.