mobile cafe van

purplekipper

Is this another wind up, are the kids on holiday?  Are you really moving to France to set up a business without knowing the slightest thing about it? I doubt it some how.

Let's wait and see if this another wind up or more details about the poster are revealed. Funny theme in daft names starting to appear also.

okay ron ,no not a wind up , but i think you will find that finding out about something starts at the beginning by asking questions, actuallydo not need the income to survive as this would be extra income , still thanks for the input, if anyone has any practical help, I would be very grateful

Why a mobile coffee van - location, location, location - unless you have a prime site, with cafe/restaurants so cheap, unless you're on a route where there is planty of passing traffic and then you'll have to convince the Mairie of it's worth, can't see this being cost-effective.

There was a well-established static coffee van outside the hospital I go to in Bordeaux, been there some years - last year he was bemoaning that even tho he had no competition - and his stuff was good - he couldn't make ends meet and last week, he'd gone, packed up and moved on.

And you can register a business in UK and trade in France if you have a subsidiary company in France which them still brings you into the social charges stuff so you really gain nothing.  But trying to get licences for a UK registered catering operation in France, especially something so small scale, would be nigh on impossible I think.