How I got work in France

Puca

Hi Folks

This is just a good news story for anyone discouraged looking for work in France.

First of all I am not and I mean not a fluent  French speaker,I came here from Ireland in March 2007 to do a renovation and have most of it complete,so I decided to look for work as I am one of those people who has an E106.

First I went to assedic and got an interview after that straight to anpe.

At the anpe the person there who was very helpful printed out some jobs which were local (ie within 40km from were I live).

As by chance there was a vacancy10km from my home so rather than phone for an interview i appeared at the site and spoke to the boss face to face with my pigeon French,he said he would call me later,so I walked out thinking well thats it.

That evening got the call start on Monday.

All I can say is I have read this forum for the past 2 years and was discouraged by the way some people beat themselves up or who are just looking to make a living in France.

All I can say is get out there,there is work to be had if you just over come your lack of language and the proper authorities are ther to help.

Good hunting .

I live in Centre region,Indre (36) to be exact which I have been told is one of the difficult areas to find work as It is a rural area.

So far I have completed 3 weeks and all is great,all the guys are helpful and the Boss very understanding.

My French language is improving each day and it is a lot  more pleasurable to be living in France.

So as I said before anyone looking to work "just go for it."

Well done! We too read and heard stories of how there was no work in France and yet my hubby got 2 different jobs thru agencies with only a little French language. I think the problem in a lot of cases is that people expect to have the same positions, jobs and wages that they had in France. 1 of the jobs my hubby had was in a warehouse, boxing up clothing - not the most rewarding of jobs but a job non the less -  it got us nicely into the health system and the pay enabled us to continue living a much better lifestyle than we had in the UK! There is work if people are prepared to take a step backwards sometimes.

Also big congratulations to Puca and Mr Celestine

My OH as well, he is currently 3 weeks in on a placement via Manpower he's really enjoying it and getting on well with his French colleagues. Also like you Celestine it has enabled us to get onto the French health system. Don't be worried if the language is not up to scratch as everyone we have dealt with so far, be it the agency or the CPAM have been more than helpful. The work is out there you just might have to have a bit of a rethink as to what you do to begin with - see it's not all doom and gloom.

Well done, Puca and Mr Celestine.  You're right, it's not all doom and gloom.   As we all know from living in England, there is always work available for immigrants.   It's a very good system.   The immigrants are happy to have work, and the locals are glad not to have to do those jobs.  Everyone's a winner! 

Bonne continuation.  :-)