Ebay/Paypal Experts advice needed.

Labruyere53

Can any Ebay experts out there advice me please??? My Paypal account is registered here with my French bank account on it but I want to add my UK bank account to make payments from as well. I cannot find a way to do it as it comes up with add an account in France. Have also tried to add my UK Nat West (Maestro) debit card as a payment method but maestro doesn't show as an option, only Matercard & Visa.  What do I need to do, register another Paypal account with a UK address???? Any advice appreciated please either via this forum or PM, I don't mind. Thank-you.

Unfortunately in PayPal you can only use one currency as your base currency and this normally has to be in your "home" country.  Money laundering and all that ...

I think registering another account with a UK address might well be the answer.

Its not permitted to have erroneous addresses and that would cause all sorts of postage problems if you sell, and you don't have to use only euros either.

It will not show Maestro as an optional card on Paypal because you are registered in France, so the solution is to register a UK credit card if yoiu have one and use that as your payment card and then pay the balance each period from your UK bank account.  If you don't have a UK credit card your options are limited to using a French CB ( mastercard option) or credit card.

Ron is correct. I have registered by French CB and my UK Barclaycard. There are occasions when I prefer to pay for purchases from my UK funds.

Either can be selected for any payment and each will be billed in its own currency. Don't expect a competetive exchange rate, though!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Richard"]I have found that the only way to do this is to have two Uk email addresses, and use one for UK banl account and one for French.[/quote] 

You'll have to explain that one, what has E mail addresses to do with having an Ebay and Paypal account in France that can be financed from a UK source?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Richardk"]I think what he's getting at is that to have two accounts as suggested one requires 2 different email addresses. This is because PayPal only allows an email address to be associated with one PayPal account.
[/quote]

You can have up to eight email addresses on one PayPal account, but any of those cannot be registered to another PayPal account.

BUT, one person can only have one personal and one business/premier account. Creating another account by fair means or foul in another country can, if discovered, lead to suspension & freezing of all accounts. It is, as the second post said, to do with money laundering.

If you live in France, you cannot legitimately add a UK bank account to receive payments, but it appears you can add a UK Mastercard or Visa to make payments.

[quote user="ErnieY"]

Grand international money launderer that I am I have 2 totally separate eBay and Paypal accounts each with it's own email address and registered card.

No problem [;-)][/quote]

You can (and it's allowed) have as many eBay accounts as you like; each must have a separate email address.

Multiple eBay accounts can (and are allowed to be) associated to one PayPal account.

Multiple PayPal accounts, however, are not permitted (just one personal and one business/premier per person). It may be possible to create more then one, but you'd then be contravening the user agreement and it can (and it does happen) for all related accounts to be frozen and suspended. Separate people in the same household may of course have separate accounts.

Some people do have two Ebay accounts, one for trading, one for posting correspondence to the community (some nice people like to try and undermine sellers who post help on Ebay Forums, a bit like this one at times[:P]). Other than that there is no legitimate reason to have two eBay accounts.

I have not found any silliness with Paypal, its quite straight forward, hundreds of people have moved to France and use Paypal.fr and eBay UK and France without any problems whatsoever. Yes if you register for Paypal in France you come under Paypal France, but that is where we live.

If you want to stay and look on EBay UK, you can if you wish in fact you can trade on any eBay that you want, but you don't have to deceive anyone to do so.  The only thing that can be a problem is that you get Paypal correspondence in French, in that case its just like a lot of letters received in France and there is always the translator or this Forum if you are not sure.  It can be a pain selling in France, the French appear to be much less trusting than British buyers and postage costs can deter UK buyers, having a UK address for posting from only helps if the goods are in the UK, but all in all I get on very well with both eBay and paypal in France, without having to go outside of the rules.

My E-bay and paypal accounts were set up when I lived solely in the UK, I use them for buying goods both on E-bay fr and E-bay uk, usually to avoid postage charges the deliverys are to my address in the country where the goods are bought but not allways.

I have never had any problems paying with my (UK) Paypal account and had never given it a thought before now, am I doing anything wrong or have I been lucky? All I have ever done is changed the delivery address as I have both registered.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]Other than that there is no legitimate reason to have two eBay accounts.[/quote]

Many people have separate buying accounts (especially if they buy on eBay to sell on [;-)]) (or don't want their serious buyers to see what underwear they buy [:P]) and many others have separate selling accounts for different product lines - it's all perfectly above-board.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]The only thing that can be a problem is that you get Paypal correspondence in French.[/quote]

You can change the language of your PayPal account, and receive notifications in English. (But it can't be done with eBay accounts.)

JR, as you still have a UK address that's OK, as long as the address registered is that which receives your CC statements. It's also possible to add an extra delivery address to one's PayPal account, which is what you appear to have done.