The best way to register for work.

connolls

Hello, this is a first posting so any help will be gratefully received.

My friend currently has a registered gardening business with siret number etc. Because the business has taken off much better than expected and is doing very very well he has asked if it may be possible for me to work with him ,as he wants to expand the business and take on more work, my question is this, what would be the best,.and easiest way for us to do this in order to make it all "above board". and also the easiest way tax wise. i'm not too sure if i'm being very clear but i'm very confused as to how the tax system would work in a situation like this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Hi Clair, can a business use the cheque emploi system then?  I was told it was only for private individuals hoping to hire a domestic assistant (gardener - not landscape- cleaner, babysitter etc). 

We have a micro bic(commercant) and we would love to be able to employ some assitance in the new year but there is no way we can afford the cotis!  The way i understand cheque emploi is that you paid (just an example and probably not accurate) for example 10 euros per hour,  that is given directly via the cheque to the employee.  What actually is taken from your bank account is 12 euros, but at the end of the year you can re-claim half that back ie 6 euros against your tax liability.

I am not great at understanding all these rules and i would appreciate your help in clarifying this if you can.  Thank you.

[quote user="mandycats"]

Hi Clair, can a business use the cheque emploi system then?  I was told it was only for private individuals hoping to hire a domestic assistant (gardener - not landscape- cleaner, babysitter etc). 

We have a micro bic(commercant) and we would love to be able to employ some assitance in the new year but there is no way we can afford the cotis!  The way i understand cheque emploi is that you paid (just an example and probably not accurate) for example 10 euros per hour,  that is given directly via the cheque to the employee.  What actually is taken from your bank account is 12 euros, but at the end of the year you can re-claim half that back ie 6 euros against your tax liability.

I am not great at understanding all these rules and i would appreciate your help in clarifying this if you can.  Thank you.

[/quote]

If you are paying smic the employers charges aren't too bad no more than 20% but maybe less.

Hiya again,

Thank you for some of your thoughts  and replies, since looking i've found a web site that explains the cheque emploi (i think)

http://www.special.sudouest.com/article.php3?id_article=3577

It seems that it is limited to domestic arrangements from what i can gather, would another way to do it be for me to get my own siret number and register as a seperate business but work along side my friend ................or is that just a stupid way to do it, or even possible? Still a bit confused but a little better informed,

Thanks again for any further suggestions.

The info you link to is only for private individuals wishing to employ someone to help them AT HOME with HOME RELATED tasks. It is not for use for companies and their employees.

In a previous post dated 10/10, I gave you the link to the official site for chèque-emploi TPE, designed for small businesses to simplify all the red-tape related to employees.

Thanks for the reply clair,

We will have a look into that when we get back to france in a couple of weeks, sorry to ask, but do you know if there is a web link with any information on the Cheque Emploi TPE in english, i'm stll struggling (but getting better) with my french. Thanks.

Connells,

It is perfectly possible for you to register in your own right as either a micro (immediately) or autoentrepreneur (as of Jan) and then subcontract to your friend.  Your invoice becomes a deductible expense for him and he has no employer's contributions to make on your behalf.

However, you shouldn't be seen to be working SOLELY for him as then you will be considered to just be dodging the employee status so you will need to do some other bits of work elsewhere for other clients too.

Best of luck.

Lisa