which is the best town or city for seasonal jobs (hospitality sector) in France?

Afroditha

Hello, I´m new in this forum.I would like to ask which town or city could be the best for find seasonal job in hotels?, I´m spanish and I speak a very basic level of french. I will be very grateful for all the sugestion and advice.I want to move to France to improve my french, I have experience as receptionist and good references but I don´t speak french at all so... Thank you in advance ! :)

Thank you bugsy, the thing is that I know that.What I wanted to mean is which is the best or most suitable town...I know that some towns due to the fact they are more turistics, the living cost as well is high so I would like some less turistic town where to work and study french ;). I know this from my experience in uk, its easy to find jobs but in certain cities you can´t afford to live with the salary....in anyway you have been the only kind soul who has tried to help me :)!

You could also consider the Atlantic coast; Biarritz.  Further inland but still in the south is Lourdes, which is second only to Paris for visitors (5 million per year!)

If you prefer to go further north, what about Disney?  Marne-la-Vallee is much cheaper to live in than Paris, and only 30 minutes by train from the city centre.

Best of luck with job hunting.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Dordogne (24) and there are plenty of hotels, restaurants and bars to work in... the rent for appartements and hotels differ as to where, but generally quite low. If you really are interested then let me know and I can suggest some small but very touristic towns!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to the replies you have already received. A lot of the Mediterranean resort towns (Argelès, St Cyprien, Canet) close to the Spanish border hold an annual one-day forum ahead of the season, in which employers take a stand and job applicants can find what is on offer. In Argelès, for example, there are usually 800 to 1000 jobs on offer. Best way is to contact the relevant mairie and find out the date(s) and pay a personal visit. A lot of people of recruited who are local to the area so there is a lot of competition. Once the season starts, however, you may find an opening if someone has dropped out or an urgent replacement is required.

Hope this helps, Good luck - Peter-D de R.