A.E. First Declaration

connolls

Hi all,

Hope someone in the know can give me some advice ?

We set up our Chambres D'Hotes this year (May) and did not have to do our declaration in July as we were out of the first 3 months time scale, our first declaration is due at the end of October (and then 3 monthly after that).

We have registered with Net-Enterprise for on-line declarations and had heard on the grapevine that they will send us a reminder just before we are due to do the declaration.

1) Has anyone experienced this ?

2) If this is not the case do I just do the declaration on the 31st October ?

Any experience of this would be really appreciated as I don't want to be in trouble with "the authorities".

Thank you for any tips or advise.

Kind Regards Mel.

Not sure they send reminders for internet declarations. If your trimesters end March, June September and December, then you have the whole of October to make your declaration for trimester 3. So you can do it now. I think if you read the gumf they sent you, you have UNTIL 31 October to make your declaration. This has reminded me to do mine tonight.

I pay monthly via Net-Enterprise, I get an email reminder every month.

As said you can do your declaration anytime during October but it must be done by 31 Oct (midday usually) if you log on and go to the declaration page you should see the deadline on there somewhere, if you do it now and then discover you have made an error the declaration remains editable until the cut off date/time. If you have given them your bank details the payment will be out of your accoune on the 1st Nov !! they can get that bit right :-) !!

As this if your first declaration then you may not get an email until the first one has been registered???

Now that's odd and could be the difference between monthly and tri-monthly declaration. For trimester 3 [ends 30th September] I have until 31st October to make my declaration [I am doing it this evening] We have set up for what is owed to be taken direct from my bank. That won't be done until 31 days after i.e. on or around 1st December. Two months after the end of each trimester. Have been an AE since it started and that's they way they have treated me.

That certainly is odd, I declare quarterly and the money always comes out of my bank the day after the deadline. So I will be declaring very soon for trimester 3, July/Aug/Sept, and the money will no doubt go out on 1 Nov (unless it's a Sunday of course, havent looked).

Hi,

Thanks for all that info, I didn't realise it could be done before the end of October so that's great. I will have a go in the next few days and see how I get on................if I get into trouble I'll get back and hope that someone can "talk" me through it , being my first one I'm a bit apprehensive.

Thanks so far !!!!

Kind Regards Mel.

Could anyone tell me this, please? Hubby works as AE from home (in his office) Can he claim back things like phone, computers, etc, against his declaration? If so, where/how?

Merci d'avance!

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/sad.gif

[quote user="moricq"]Could anyone tell me this, please? Hubby works as AE from home (in his office) Can he claim back things like phone, computers, etc, against his declaration? If so, where/how?

Merci d'avance!

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/sad.gif[/quote]

There is no provision within AE to claim expenses.  A notional element is factored into the percentage payable.  The figure they require is turnover so if a business has large expenses AE may not be suitable