charging rates

Horace

I have used a french plumber twice before & been satisfied with his price. Recently I had need for him to attend to my pressure jet boiler which refused to start. he soon found that the problem was a blocked filter which was on the inlet pipe inside the fuel tank. His charge for labour was ok but he added a call out charge of 60 Euros which he hadnt done on a previous boiler call out. The total charge without tax was 160Euros for approx 2.5hrs work which I think is very exorbitant. What is a normal charge for craftsmen in France?: Old Bill

Rates from 30€ per hour upwards for skilled artisans. Did this plumber come out on a Saturday or Sunday by any chance as he would probably charge extra for this, if not, that is quite expensive but again,I have no idea about UK tradesmen anymore and what their callout charge is these days.

My plumber, who I have 'been with' for many, many years charges me £37.00 per hour for call out during working hours and believe me that is reasonable to some of the rip off merchants here.  You regularly read of old people getting charged hundreds of pounds for a plumber to change a washer on a tap.    Best advice is stick with the tradesman you know - you know it makes sense